Chapter 4

~~~

~~~

Brynhilde closed the door behind her hotelroom and locked it, she walked slowly towards Granny's diner. She saw a blonde and a brunette both kneeling on the ground, obviously they had dropped something. They had a short conversation, but when they raised on their feet Bree froze. Tamara.

As Tamara left the diner Bree hid her face behind her hair, she quickly ran inside. Because of that she didn't notice that the blonde still stood there and bumped into her. Her foot slipped away and before she knew it her face hit the floor. She was half witch, so she could only be as fast as her siblings if she had fulfilled her human needs. But she hadn't had breakfast yet, nor had she fed on blood today.

'I'm sorry, that's a second time today,' the blonde told her.

Bree smiled, 'No, it's my fault really. I wasn't looking where I was going.'

'I'm Emma,' the blonde introduced herself.

'Bree.'

'It's very nice to meet you.'

'You too,' Bree answered politely.

Emma opened the door to walk back to her son Henry, when Bree grabbed her arm softly. Emma looked at the girl in surprise. Bree bit her lip, debating whether she should say something or not.

'Is something wrong?' Emma asked her, while raising an eyebrow.

'Don't trust her,' Bree told her, finally.

Emma's eyes widened, 'Don't trust who?'

Bree sighed while she whispered, 'Tamara.'

Emma froze, she had never trusted Tamara and she needed something to confirm it. She was never able to pinpoint it, yet here was a stranger. Someone, she wasn't sure she could trust either, confirming her suspicions. She felt how Bree softly let go of her arm and she walked outside to her son.

'I have no idea what just happened...' Emma muttered as she stepped into her car, handing over the food to Henry.

Henry frowned, 'What happened?'

Emma looked at him, still slightly dazed. 'You know, new girl in town...'

'The one that started surgery on the stranger, because she thought we would actually let him die?' Henry suggested, knowing it could also be Tamara. But his mom would've never referred to Tamara as "new girl in town".

Emma nodded while muttering, 'She grabbed my arm... and she told me not to trust Tamara.'

Henry's eyes widened and a smile followed, 'I think I'm going to like her, new girl.'

Emma started the engine as they drove away.

Back in the diner Bree ordered a glass of water, she didn't feel like eating after seeing Tamara.
They had met in Europe, Paris to be specific. Tamara had pretended to be her friend, they shopped and went to the cinema. She thought they were best friends, until they stayed in a hotel room together. And Tamara tried to drive a stake through her heart, she woke up and ripped the wood out of her chest.

Tamara probably thought she was dead, but she hadn't done enough research into her background. She didn't know she was an Original and couldn't be killed by an ordinary stake.

The memory hurt, because Niklaus always told her that you could never trust someone enough to tell them what you are. And she argued that not all humans would immediately try to kill you. She used Stefan and Elena as an example, how much they had loved each other even though she was human.

But she didn't want to use them as example anymore, since Elena's little brother had killed her brother in cold blood. They were so damn convinced they were doing the right thing.

'Penny for your thoughts,' Ruby said as she joined Bree at her table.

Bree looked up at Ruby who brought her her water. Bree bit her lip, unsure what to tell the girl.

'My... brother,' she answered told her.

Ruby frowned, 'Why be sad about your brother?'

'He... passed away...'

'I'm so sorry... I shouldn't have asked...' Ruby told her as she stood back up.

'It's alright,' Bree motioned to her to sit back down.

Ruby shot her a smile, but the pity in her eyes was clear. 'How are you liking Storybrooke?'

Bree took a sip from her water and answered, 'I don't know... I guess it's alright, I was looking for something quiet. But I do miss the action and the mystery.'

Ruby choked on her own saliva, Bree had no idea of everything happening right under her nose. The fairytales that had come to life. 'Maybe you'll find a bit of mystery... it's not as normal as it looks,' Ruby whispered.

Bree smiled, she was more than ready to find out a mystery and thanked Ruby as she paid the bill and left to go outside.

She closed her eyes as she heard the birds chirping and the wind rushing through the leaves of the trees. She liked the quiet sounds, but she heard something she liked far better. Gunshots. She followed the sound excitedly, but what she found was dreadful.

The blonde called Emma, laying on the ground in a helpless state. Tears were running down her cheeks as she sobbed. But the weirdest thing was the enormous hole in the ground, right next to her. Bree grabbed Emma's arm and helped her up, she was completely stunned. No words left Emma's mouth and she just stared.