Chapter 5

~~~

~~~

Bree had found the place Emma was staying by using her vampire senses, Emma was still not responding. So Bree half carried her the entire way, until they reached a small house. Bree knocked onto the door and a brunette opened it, her hand reached her mouth as she gasped in surprise at Emma.

'Oh my god... come inside, quickly,' the brunette told her.

Which to Bree was a huge relief, otherwise she had to have thrown Emma inside. Since she had to be invited in and all. She walked inside and helped Emma get down on the couch, also noticing another woman laying in bed. She didn't look healthy.

'What happened? Where is Neal?' the brunette asked Emma.

Just as Bree was about to tell the woman that it was no use, that Emma was practically numb. Emma answered, 'He's gone... She killed him.'

This was when Bree realised that Ruby was right, this wasn't just an ordinary town. And just as a guy she recognised as David began comforting Emma, the woman on the bed woke up.

Bree didn't really pay attention to anyone, she just fiddled with her hands. Thinking about how to get out of here, as the tension was definitely blowing the roof off. Until she heard the woman ask: 'Where are Greg and Tamara?'

Her head shot up, Tamara. What the hell was she doing here anyway, she was a failure of a vampire hunter. Something about wanting to destroy magic, what the bloody hell was she doing here?

'They got away...' David answered while a sigh escaped his lips.

Damn, she would have loved to rip that woman's throat out... And as she thought about the many ways she could have dismantled her, she zoned out again. 'Beans... Enchanted Forest.' Were a few words she picked up from their conversations. What the hell is going on here? Bree asked herself again.

'Good question,' Emma answered the question she apparently said out loud.

Bree looked at Emma as Emma left and came back with a book, handing it over. Once Upon A Time. This book looked an awful lot like the book she found, about her family. She gave Emma a smile and started reading. The world around her became a blur, as she read about heroes and villains.

All these people... The woman in bed was the Evil Queen, Ruby was Red Riding Hood and the wolf... Hours passed as she reached the story of Killian, or Captain Hook. She smiled as she realised she had always thought Hook was a freak and would look like creep or pervert in real life. Who'd have thought he'd be hot and into leather, or that Peter Pan was the real villain.

Hours had passed, people had left and returned, while she just sat there reading. 'So... Basically we're all going to die?' A little boy asked the Evil Queen.

'No, you're not Henry. You were born here,' she told the boy.

And the realisation struck the little kid like a lightning bolt, 'But... I'll be alone...'

Bree looked up and closed the book and he reminded her of Henrik, she couldn't help the words leaving her mouth: 'No. No you won't.'

Everyone looked at her in an instant, mostly frowning. But she continued, 'I was born here too, you may not know me Henry. But I've taken in a boy your age before, I'll be your failsafe.'

A tear rolled down Emma's cheek as she ran over to Bree, engulfing her into a hug. Surprised by the sudden action Bree awkwardly patted Emma's back.

'No! We can't just... give up!' Snow White told them.

After a bit of convincing words everyone left again, except for Bree. She didn't feel like they needed her. Her magic was different and would've no affect on this so called trigger, even if it had it would be risky. Her magic was more difficult to control, if someone interrupted her the entire town would be screwed.

It would be better to stay under the radar for a little while and as the thought crossed her mind she saddened. She couldn't tell them what she was, they'd look at her with fear in their eyes. Emma would hide Henry behind her as she'd enter the room. She slammed her fist on the table in frustration, but gasped as she saw she broke it in half. Oh no. How was she going to explain this?