Chapter 6

~~~

~~~

Bree had to admit she would've loved to go with the others to Neverland, she could've been a good asset to the team. She was fast, strong, immortal and had magic. A different kind of magic, but still.

Or maybe she just wanted to have an excuse for seeing Killian again. Or Captain Hook for that matter. She sighed as she thought about poor little Henry, according to Ruby he was kidnapped by Tamara and the guy from the car accident.

But mooping around and waiting for them to come back wasn't going to help her. So she decided to go take a walk and explore the town more. A few days ago she walked here, while only seeing the plain quiet town. Now she saw fairytales play out in front of her, like she was a new character in the book.  Without noticing she had walked right towards the water, where the dwarves were having their lunch break.

She was about to leave and turn around when a girl literally appeared out of nowhere. Or walked out of the water. She was barely dressed and Bree noticed the dwarf Leroy getting on his feet to help her. But she knew that the girl would probably be more comfortable being helped by a female.

***

Apparently she had just met the Little Mermaid, Ariel. Bree had offered her a place to crash, her hotel room. But the girl was in a rush to Gold's shop, she promised to be back in an hour to tell Bree what was going on. Bree ordered a hot chocolate at Granny's, but right when she was about to take a sip her phone rang.

Hello Sister.

"Hello Nik, how are you?"

Enemies, revenge, blood mostly and a bit of ripping out hearts. The usual.

"Why'd you call?"

We call every week, can't I check up on you anymore

"Of course you can, brother. But I have to call you, you don't call me. Unless, you want something from me."

You know me to well Bree, did you burn the book?

"No."

I thought so. Can I do anything to change your mind?

"No."

Alright then, good talk.

"Good luck with fighting of your enemies brother."

I don't need luck sister, I paint with their blood.

Bree smiled as the line went dead, Niklaus always said that. He really did it though, it wasn't an empty promise. He'd rip off their heads and dip his paintbrush in their blood. Not the most efficient way, it left quite a mess.

She looked at her phone to check the time, Ariel should've been back by now. She sighed as she took a sip of her hot chocolate, she wanted to go to Gold's shop. But she didn't want to come across as paranoid or stalkerish. As she finished her hot chocolate she decided she should check on Ariel anyway. An hour and a half had passed, so Bree decided she was done waiting.

Gold's shop wasn't far so she reached it in no time, her paranoia was confirmed when she saw Ariel and Belle tied to a chair.

'Bree! Please free us, two men pointed a machine that kills at us!' Ariel exclaimed. Bree smiled as she realised Ariel meant a gun and a word popped in her mind: dinglehopper. Oh how she loved that crazy bird. She untied Ariel and Belle, which didn't take a lot of time.

'So... what happened?'

Belle looked at the stranger in front of her, not sure whether she could be trusted. She came into town with Greg and Ariel may trust her, but Belle wasn't sure she could rely on Ariel. After all that girl told a man with a gun in his hand that he could do what he wanted.

But before Belle could stop her, Ariel told her everything. About the magic box they had to bring to Neverland and how it was stolen by the followers of Peter Pan. That they had tied them to chairs and had threatened them with killing machines.

Bree immediately understood that this was the box of Pandora, as it was also famous in her supernatural world. Mostly among the witches and Kol, he had been trying to find that box for over three decades. Until he gave up and started looking for other objects. To be this close to something her deceased brother had been trying to find for so long, hurt. More than she thought it would.

'Thank you for helping out, but we really need to find this box and bring it to Neverland,' Belle told her, in a rush.

Bree did hear Belle talking, but she had zoned out far enough to just hear someone mumbling. So she did what she usually did when she forgot what someone said. 'Yes...?'

Belle frowned at the girl and repeated what she just told her. Bree blushed in embarrassment and said: 'You're welcome...'

As Ariel and Belle went to the door in an attempt to leave Bree shouted: 'Wait!'

Ariel and Belle abruptly turned around at Bree's demand. 'When you go back, can I join you?' Bree asked Ariel.

'If you can keep up, because I won't be slowing down for you,' was Ariel's smart and badass response.

Which didn't bother Bree in the slightest, she was a vampire and would easily keep up. Not to mention the fact that she was used to dealing with; Rebekah, Kol, Elijah and Niklaus. Who all loved to be dramatic and to leave statements with badass comebacks. 

'Don't worry, I'll keep up. See you at Granny's.'