Chapter 1: Meet Chloe

Hey guys! This is my new story and I hope you like it! YAY! I'm soo excited! :D So yea...ENJOY! Also VOTE AND COMMENT! On with the story!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                    Chapter 1:

              I jumped as the sound of thunder suddenly cracked, interrupting our afternoon soccer practice. Not that I was sad about that. I look around to see Coach Hess jogging toward me and the other players.

"Practice is cancelled!" She barks at us. "There's been a tornado warning. Now get your butts washed off and get out of here, you little twerps. And don't mess up my gym!

Ah yes, the joys of a she-man soccer coach. I was already sick of soccer but it was too late in the season to quit.

I walk off the grassy field with mud sloshing in my sneakers and look down at my MCR t-shirt and Nike shorts. 

Covered in mud? Check.

Grass stains? Check.

Little bit of blood? Check.

God, I was nasty. Basically I looked like a train wreck in human form. Attractive right? Maybe I was trying a little bit too hard at being bad at soccer...

Whoops.

There was already little drops of rain pelting down on us during practice but it hasn't gotten really bad. I'm one of those weird people who love rain. It helps me think and get calm when I'm upset.

I walk into the locker room, which is thankfully empty, strip, and begin taking a shower. I jumped a little as the water came down cold but slowly warmed up.

It felt nice to get rid of all the crap and mud that was caked onto me. Soccer practice for me is one of those things you go that has you saying what was I thinking when I decided to do this over and over again in your head.

After I got most of the mud out of my hair, I changed and looked myself over in the mirror. I certainly wasn't oblivious to my looks. That's just how people like me are. We are perfect and flawless in every way.

I brush my still tangled dark blonde hair out of my eyes. They are light blue, shaded by long, black eyelashes.

          I had to admit I am pretty. I had the kind of looks people would try and get by having crap plastered to their face. But my looks probably aren't that helpful in the situation I'm in. Every day I had to hide myself behind baggy clothes and huge glasses. Basically I had to dress like a nerd. I frowned knowing my life would never be normal.

I walk outside and spot my "mom" pulling up to the school. As I slide into the passenger seat, she looks at me and winces.

"Well, I'm guessing it happened again?" She says sympathetically while examining at me. I still had bits of mud caked in my hair and on my clothes. That's what I get for joining the soccer team: pain and mud. Lots and lots of mud. 

"Yep! And this time the mud was worse because of the rain! How joyful!" I replied sarcastically as I tried pulling out the rest of the mud the shower didn't get out of my hair. "Why do I even have to act like I'm bad at it?"

"I'm sorry Chlo," She starts. "But you know this is only for your own good."

"Yeah, I know," I turn to her and say. "I'm only protecting you. Blah, blah, blah."

"Well it's true!" says Jess with apparent hurt in her voice.

I look up to see the exact same thing showing on her face. Ugh...I hated seeing Jess hurt. She is the only person in my life who hasn't left me or died. She was like a sister to me, but for now she was pretending to be my mom. 

People ofter ask how she looked so young for a mother, we just keep up the same old story. We claim she adopted me two years ago.

"I'm sorry Jess," I say as I lean ove to give her a hug. "It's just hard sometimes."

"I know kiddo." Jess replies and hugs me back. "Trust me, I know."

As we drove home, I began thinking about when my life started going wrong. It was June 3, 1832. The day my life turned upside down. The day I knew I would never be the same.

The day I became immortal.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

WOO! FIRST CHAPTER! I hope ya'll liked it even thought it was kinda short! Sorry about that...I promise next chapter will be longer! Keep on readin! Byee!! <3 

VOTE/COMMENT! THANKS!!