Chapter 4: Rose

VOTE VOTE VOTE! And COMMENT :D

                                                                  Chapter 4: 

As I drove home I thought about everything I had just told Tyler. He didn’t take it as bad as I thought he would. He actually said we could be friends. Joy bubbled up inside of me at the thought of having an actual friend.

God…I sound like a loner.

I finally had a friend who was normal that I could talk to for the first time in my whole one hundred and eighty years. Tyler seemed trustworthy enough to not tell anyone. We had exchanged phone numbers and he told me to call him if I needed to talk.

But I was worried about what Jessie’s reaction would be. Would she encourage it? Or would she think it was a mistake telling him? I mean I didn’t exactly have a choice…

I pulled into the driveway of our house and locked the car after getting out. After I quickly got inside the house I noticed that it seemed quieter than usual. Jess usually left the TV on or the radio so the house would be a little livelier. I peeked into her room but it was empty as well.

I started worrying. What if someone got to Jess? I pushed those thoughts aside since I didn’t see any signs of struggle. I decided she probably went out jogging or something like that. I went upstairs to my room and as I reached for the doorknob (I always keep my door shut) the door suddenly flew open.

I screamed then frantically stumbled back and ended up hitting my head on the railing of the stairs. I quickly looked back up to see something red dart at me.

“Wha’?!” I yelled as the thing rapped his or her arms around me.

“Chloe! I missed you so freaking much!” A feminine voice squealed.

“Rose?” The girl, clinging to me like her life depended on it, nodded. “Rose! What are you doing here?!” I asked excitedly. I peeled the tiny girl off of me and saw that she was grinning at me like a maniac.

“John and I are moving here!” John was Rose’s guardian and like Jess and I, Rose and John were also immortal. We found them a while back while we were living in Japan. Apparently they were doing the same thing as us: running. Immortals can sort of sense others that are like us and so far they were the only ones we have found.

“Are you serious?! That’s great!” I said. Rose nodded eagerly.

“Jess agreed to let us stay here for a while since this place is so darn big.” She said while look around the interior of the house.

“This is so exciting! This may seem sorta off topic but do you know where Jess is?” I asked worried.

“She’s out walking with John.” Rose chirped with a mischievous grin on her face.

Ever since Jess and I met them, John always seemed to be flirting with Jess. And Jess definitely never discouraged it. Rose and I had been trying to set them up for a long time.

“Perfect.” I said grinning.

Rose grabbed me and yanked my inside of my room. She was basically the epitome of hyper. This girl could talk for hours non-stop. I'm not even kidding. Rose was like an older sister to me. Even though she was, in body form, only a year younger than me, she had been alive at least a hundred years more than me. It was nice having someone to talk to every now and then.

I rubbed the back of my head, which had started throbbing since I hit it on the railing. “What’s wrong?” Rose asked with her head cocked to the side.