Chapter 10: The Truth Comes Out

Chapter 10:

“Listen, I’m one of the good guys” Declan kept persisting.

“Then why the hell did you cut me?” I just couldn’t believe him. After all this time I got use to the idea that he was a scientist and now he was telling me he’s a good guy?! “Why should I believe you? Seriously – you can’t just go around shoving blades into people and expect them to believe you’re a good guy” I finished, crossing my arms.

When he didn’t respond for a while, I raised my eyebrows. “Well?” He sighed and pursed his lips. “Alright. Well first, I’m one of your kind. The reason I ‘shoved the blade’ into you was because I had to make sure you were immortal also. Give me your hand.” He commanded, holding out his hand. I just held mine up so he could see the nonexistent cut that was there a minute ago. I didn't trust him to touch me. He nodded, looking pleased.

This was all so confusing…if he was immortal then how come I didn’t sense it? “Why didn’t I sense you? I mean, I usually can sense others like me…” I questioned, still not believing. “I’m not sure about that either. I sensed you but I have no clue why you didn’t sense me.”

“Prove it. Prove that you’re immortal” I said. He shrugged then went over to get the ice cream cup that I had brought in and placed on the sink. He took it and before I had time to question him, he quickly slid the sharp metal across his arm. “Stop! What the heck are you doing?!” I shrieked. “Just wait” He responded calmly.

I walked over to get a better view of his arm and we just stood there in silence for about two minutes. But as we waited, I watched as the long, jagged cut on his arms slowly came back together and smoothed out. “Oh” Was all I could get out.

“Yeah. And now that you believe me, I have some things to tell you.” I just nodded, not knowing what to say. All this time he was good? I guess I judged him a little too soon.

“First – you need to be very careful. I’ve been keeping an eye on you and Rose for a while and I think that someone you know or have talked to recently could be a CRO.”

“What’s a CRO?” I asked. “You don’t know what that it?” He questioned, cocking an eyebrow. I shook my head then said, “That’s kinda why I asked…” He let out a soft chuckle then said, “It stands for Cell Regeneration Organization. You know, the people that tried to kill you? What did you call them before?”

“Well…we just called them ‘the scientists’…” I responded, feeling silly. He burst out laughing for about a minute, with me just glaring at him. “Sorry, sorry. It’s just…that’s so original” He mocked. “Whatever” I muttered. “Alright, back to business” He stated, wiping away some tears.

“How do you know they tried to kill me?” I asked, getting suspicious again. “Like I said, I’ve been watching you and also my guardian is the one who did the autopsy on you. She told me about how you 'disappeared.'” Whoa. “Seriously? That’s so weird…you have a guardian too?”

“Yeah. I think it’s kinda in our nature to have one. At least the younger ones…” Which brings me to my next question. “How old are you? You seem younger than us and you healed quicker. I’m not sure if that has anything to do with age but it makes sense" I said.

He bit his lip, thinking about what he was going to say next. “In body form, I’m probably a year younger than you, so sixteen years old. But I’m definitely older than you in time sense. I’m four hundred years old.” Holy crap. “You’re so old!” I exclaimed.

“I know. Don’t you think it’s weird that we still have the mind of a teenager yet we’re hundreds of years old?” He asked. Now that I thought about it, that was sorta weird…

“Why is that?” I questioned. “I think it has to do with appearance or something. I’m still not sure about that” He replied. "You know, you're a lot different than I thought you were" I said. "I know. I figured when you and Rose were being a little unfriendly that you guys were just suspicious" I nodded. "Yeah, sorry about that..."

“No! That's actually really good. You need to be careful because if someone close to you is a part of the CRO then you need to either leave here or find out who it is and kill them” He told me, looking completely serious.

“I can’t kill…” I trailed off, realizing that if I had to, I would kill. “It’s in your blood. Every immortal has heightened senses and if we feel danger at all, we react.”

“Is that how I was able to fend off that…CRO the other day before I died?” I asked. “Yep. If you want, I can teach you more stuff to defend yourself. It didn’t look like you knew much from the way I was able to take you in here” He gave me a disappointed look.

“Well I’ve never been in this type of situation before!” I defended. “I know…but I know a lot and I could help you and Rose out” He offered. “John is already helping us” I stated. “Well I can give you extra lessons. John is Rose’s guardian right?” He asked.

“Creeper. And yes” I answered. Declan grinned then said, “Awesome. How’s Monday?” He suggested. I suddenly remembered that Tyler had asked me to have lunch with him away from school for Monday. “Sorry, no can do. I have a lunch date with Tyler.”

He suddenly grabbed me by the shoulders, his face looking grim. “Does Tyler know about you?” He inquired. I nodded. “Dammit,” He swore, letting go of me and pinching the bride of his nose. “You need to stay away from him. The CRO would kill anyone in the way to get to you,” He stated. What?

“Why me? Why wouldn’t they take Rose?” I wondered, not liking the idea of staying away from Tyler. “Wait – you seriously don’t know?” Tyler asked, looking dumbfounded. “Well it seems like right now you know more about me than I do myself” I responded, annoyed. “Chloe…your great granddaughter is the director of CRO.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vote/Comment/Fan! Ooh! Plot twist :D Keep reading! I have no clue at all where I'm going with this story...just writing whatever! Bye awesome people!!

P.S. The song to the right is just so freakin adorable!!!

My World of SecretsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara