Chapter 8: Date Night

VOTE/COMMENT!

                                                             Chapter 8:

When Tuesday morning came, the unimaginable happened. I woke up early. I know. Strange right? It probably had to due with the fact that I had a date tonight. Holy cheese balls. I had a date! I haven’t dated in about one hundred years. That's really sad...

“What the mangos!?” Rose exclaimed as she skipped into my room. Mangos? Eh – whatever. I’m not even gonna ask. Rose walked up to me and started poking my face. “Wake up, Chloe!” I looked at her like she was crazy. “I am awake…?” I said, confused. “You’re obviously sleep walking. You never ever get up early. And by yourself too!” She replied all matter-of-factly.

“Well I am, so deal with it.” I retorted, lifting an eyebrow. “Ooh. I see! This is because our date tonight right? You’re all excited up?” She said with a small smile on her lips. “Psh, no…” I responded, not too sure of myself.

“Sure. But hurry and get ready! Move your tushy!” She shouted. Ugh…facepalm. I have the weirdest best friend in the whole world. As Rose made her way out, she started chanting, “School, school, school, school!” I wonder how her date was gonna react to this…

I got ready in the matter of six minutes and actually achieved looking nice! I know…I’ve got skills. I ran downstairs, chucked down breakfast, then quickly glided to the car. I was ready to get school over with. Rose got in after me and we drove to school with her singing Somebody That I Used To Know all the way there. How do I even put up with her?

The first two periods went by quickly and at lunch I saw Tyler. We just waved at each other but I still got those stupid butterflies! What was wrong with me? The rest of the day made me want to shoot something because it was so freaking boring. All I could think about was tonight. And finally it was over. “Yes!” I shouted when I got into the hall.

“Yes what?” I spun around to see Tyler standing over me. I immediately felt a blush make its way onto my cheeks. “Er – schools over. It was pretty tiresome today…” I answered awkwardly. Ugh! Why was I so freaking awkward around him? He chuckled. “If you say so. Are you ready for tonight?” He asked.

“Yes!” I yelled. I realized I sounded a little too excited so I tried again with a calmer, “Yeah. I’ll be there.” Hopefully he didn’t think I was too eager. He grinned then said, “Alright then. See you later! Oh, and it’s gonna be at California Pizza Kitchen. We can pick you guys up if you want?” I absolutely loved that restaurant to death. “Cool! And sure…that would be good.” I said as I started walking away. Rose met me at the car and I told her the details.

“Yay! I love that place!” She exclaimed. We got home and got dressed into some nicer clothes. I was clad in a silky black blouse with white skinny jeans and some flats. Rose wore a tank top with a jean jacket over and leggings with toms.

After we got ourselves all prettied up (is prettied even a word?) we heard a loud honk from outside. Rose squealed and I started getting nervous. Going on dates are very nerve wracking, okay? “I hope my date is hot.” Rose said as we jogged outside. I laughed at her. “I’m sure he will be Rose but not all guys have to be hot for you to like them!”

“Well it would definitely be a plus.” She muttered. I rolled my eyes at her as we got in the black Jeep Wrangler. “Nice car…” I muttered as I crawled to the left seat. “Hey guys! You look very beautiful Chlo.” Tyler said, looking at me. I felt a blush coming on again. “Thanks.” I replied shyly.

I looked over at Rose and saw that she was eyeing her date. I glanced at the driver and saw him staring right back at me. He almost looked….angry? Then in a matter of seconds, the look vanished and was replaced by a huge grin. “Sup. I’ve heard a lot about you Chloe. You too Rose.” He shifted his gaze to Rose and said, “I'm Declan Pierce. You look very pretty tonight, by the way.” Rose blushed.

“You’re really hot. That’s good! I was afraid you were gonna be some random nerd looking guy with missing teeth and really creepy! But you’re not! You’re very handsome.” She rambled. I grimaced. She's gonna end up scaring her date away. Declan chuckled. “Thank you. It’s nice having a pretty lady call me handsome.” He replied, winking.

“Okay, enough flirting or we’re never gonna make it to the restaurant!” Tyler said, grinning. As we drove to the restaurant, we all played twenty questions. Tyler started. “Chloe, what’s your favorite color?”

“Blue.” I answered quickly.

“Food?”

“Nutella.”

“What’s nutella?” Declan asked. Rose suddenly gasped, making us all look at her. “You…you don’t know what Nutella is?!” She shrieked, dumbfounded.

“Should I?” He questioned, raising his eyebrows. “Heck yes! I shall make you try it one day.” She stated. “Did you just say shall?” Tyler asked. Oh no. Whenever Rose got excited or worried, her 16th century language came out.

“Er – you mean you don’t?” Rose challenged, trying to cover it up. “Yay! We’re here!” She exclaimed. Rose was very good at changing the subject. “WOO PIZZA!” She yelled in the parking lot. Oh God. I shook my head at her as we made our way into the pizza place. We sat at a booth near the back and I ended up squished between Rose and Tyler. I mean, I definitely didn’t mind being next to Tyler but I was gonna end up deaf with Rose right next to me!

I glanced over at Declan, who was saying something to Rose that made her laugh, and noticed he had a dark bruise under his right eye. “Hey Declan? What happened to your cheek?” I asked, not able to help my curiosity. 

“I um…I fell?” He said, sounding unsure. “Okay…” That was weird. Our date lasted for about two hours and by the time it was over, we were all exhausted. We decided to head back home and paid the bill. “Thanks you guys. Really, that was a lot of fun! That was actually the first date I’ve had in a long time.” I stated. “Really? It would seem like you would have tons of time to date?” Declan said. The way he said that made it seem like he knew about my secret. Which was impossible unless someone told him. Someone like Tyler…

Tyler and Declan walked us up to our door to say goodnight when we got to my house. While Declan was talking to Rose I asked Tyler, “Did you tell Declan my secret?” I felt bad for not trusting him completely but I had to be careful.

“Of course not! I would never do that to you Chlo.” He reassured, looking a little hurt. “I’m sorry Tyler. I know you wouldn’t. He just seemed a little…” I trailed off, not knowing if I should be saying anything with Declan so close by. “Never mind. I had an amazing time tonight, Tyler. Thanks for taking me out.” I said gratefully.

“It was my pleasure. I’m glad I got to know you better Chlo” He said. Before I knew it, he leaned down and kissed me. He came back up grinning. My face mirrored his and I said goodnight. After I got inside, Rose came running at me and wrapped her small arms around me. “That was so sweet Chloe! He kissed you!” She squealed, jumping up and down. I giggled and asked, “Did you have fun with Declan?” Her face suddenly fell.

“He was a gentlemen and he’s hot and all, but for some reason I got the feeling he knew something about us…” She replied, frowning. “I thought I was the only one!” I said.

“We’ll just have to be careful around him, okay?” Rose said, looking serious. “Alright. I’m going to go to sleep. Night!” I said as I walked upstairs. “Already? It’s only 11:00!” She replied. I rolled my eyes but continued upstairs to my warm bed. As I lay there, I realized something. Declan looked really familiar…but I couldn’t put my finger where I’ve seen him before.

Rose was right though; we needed to be very careful around him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hola peeps! PLEASE VOTE VOTE VOTE AND COMMENT!! YOUR SUPPORT MEANS SO MUCH TO ME! THANKS! BYEE!! :D