Chapter 2: An Unexpected Encounter

Chapter 2: 

Hold on, I probably should introduce myself. My name is Chloe Nevers. Officially a sophomore and well on my way to becoming unnoticed by my fellow classmates. Most people would see this as a bad thing. For me, it's good even if it is a little sad never having friends.

People have tried to like me and bring me up the social food chain, but I can't take a chance of someone finding out my secret. What can I say? People naturally like me. Though, that was when I was being myself. I can't risk that anymore.

I would say being immortal is fantastic and something everyone should want but then I would be lying. It's the worst thing that has ever happened to me. I often ask myself why the heck God would do this to me, but I have a strange feeling that one of these days, I am going to use it for good.

Maybe it's not a feeling; maybe it's just blind hope to be used for something productive rather than spending my whole life in hiding. People have found me before and that's why Jess and I move almost every year. 

Did I mention Jessie is immortal too? 

I am suddenly yanked out of my thoughts by the car jerking to a stop. I begin walking inside my house, admiring it all over again. It was completely white and enormous. I secretly called it my "mini mansion".

I trudge upstairs and follow the corridor into my room. The walls are baby blue and my queen size bed is a slightly darker blue. Yeah, I'm in love with this color.

I was so tired after today and decided to get some rest. I flop down onto my bed and close my eyes. Right when I started drifting off into darkness, my butt started vibrating. 

I jumped in shock and realized my phone was still in my left pocket. 

Oh.

I clicked the answer button not bothering to open my eyes and said, "What do you want?"

"Geez, way to talk to your mother!" Jess responded.

I roll my eyes even though she can't see me. "You really had to call me even though you're only a floor beneath me?" I say and crash back down onto my bed. 

"Whatever, you know I'm lazy." She now begins in a mock hurt voice. "Now I'm offended!"

"I'm so sorry Jess, how can I ever repay you dear sister-mother-guardian person?" I replied sarcastically.

"Very funny," She says dryly. "Can you pick up some milk and chocolate from the grocery store?" Jess is a fantastic baker. She is always making various pastries and cakes of some sort. Having a guardian is a pain, but it always pays off when they bake amazing things to eat.

"Okay, I'll go!" I say as I push myself up from bed. "Thanks Chlo!" She replies and hangs up the phone.

I put on some clean clothes and brush my hair. I really enjoy going out while I'm not in school. This way, I don't have to put on my gigantic fake glasses and baggy clothes. No one will recognize me, so I don't have to keep up the charade.

I took Jess' Porche and drove to the nearest Wal-Mart. I really can't stand going out at night though. There are too many people and too little parking spaces. After ten minutes of searching, I finally found a parking space to squeeze into and set off to find the objects Jess needed. 

After a while, I found the baking aisle and grabbed the giant chocolate morsels bag. I spun around to make my way back to check out when I trip and hit my head on something hard. Darn my clumsiness. 

"Oww!" I whine. 

"I'm so sorry! Geez, you're a very fast walker." Say a deep voice above me. I look up to meet wide brown eyes. It was a teenage guy about my age, and extremely good looking. 

"Are you okay?" The pretty boy asks. 

"Neh hur de m-meti" I say. No, this was not one of those moments when you stare into the hot guys eyes and you can't think of anything to say so all that comes out is mush. No, my cheek had swollen to the size of a freaking chipmunk.

"Oh. Well I see you aren't okay." He says. I just glared at him as if to say "No duh".

And then I remembered. Oh God. My eyes widen and I bolt up to start sprinting to the bathroom to get away from the guy. I tense when I fell a pair of strong hands grab me by the shoulders and turn me around while I was still thrashing. 

That was when I realised people were now staring at us. As the people returned to shopping, I feel my split lip coming back together and my cheek reducing in size at a rapid rate. I sigh and look back at the guy standing in front of me. He was just standing there staring at me in shock. Crap.

"HOLY SH-"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Oh no! What do you think will happen next? Keep reading!!! :D The song is Forever Young sung by One D...ironic right? You know...immortal...forever young...get it? Um...okay byee! Btw - to the right is Jessie! And Kattyalish is my awesome editor!! WOO! Ok byee again!

P.S: Comment and VOTE and give any suggestions!! If you like it can you recommend it to your friends? :D