Chapter 3: The Secret Is Out

Hey guys! Remember - VOTE/COMMENT! I would love to hear your thoughts!! Hope you enjoy this chapter :D

                                                   Tyler's POV:

I'm either going insane or I just imagined that. Which means I'm going insane. I squeezed my eyes shut, counted to ten then opened them again to look at the girl. 

Nope...not insane. 

Her cheek and lip had just freaking healed!

"Holy crap holy crap holy crap holy cr-"

"Will you just shut up for a second?" She interrupted. "I can explain."

She started pulling me away from where we were but I quickly yanked my arm away from her in haste to get away this freak. My words may seem harsh but what would you do if you just saw someone heal in less than a minute? 

"Listen, it's not as freaky as you think-" She started.

I cut her off in a panic. "You can read minds too!?" She blinked at me and said, "That's insane...reading minds isn't possible, stupid."

"Oh my God, are you an alien?! I never thought they existed but I guess I was wrong! Did I really just see that? I mean it's not every day you see some random hot chick heal because I mean people don't just heal in a matter of seconds, right?" I rambled on. She was giving me an incredulous look and I saw a faint blush on her cheeks. Then I realized I had called her hot.

"I mean, I didn't mean you are - "

"I can explain everything if you just shut you mouth for a second!" She snapped. I think I went into shock cause even though I tried, nothing came out of my mouth. 

"Good, now keep it that way" She said. As my brain tried to process everthing that just happened I realized she was pulling me somewhere. I didn't even try to stop her this time but asked "Are you going to abduct me?"

"What!? NO!" She shouted loudly. People stopped and looked at her causing her to turn bright red again. 

"Can you walk a little faster?" She muttered. "And calm down. Your heartbeat sounds like a helicopter."

If she wanted me too freaking calm down then she shouldn't be saying things like that. How the heck can she hear my heartbeat!?

We finally got to a Porche, which I'm guessing is hers, and she unlocks it. "Get in" She demands. I hesitate then finally give up as my curiousity overrules my cautiousness. The phrase "Curiousiy killed the cat" keeps flashing through my mind. Not very comforting.

As I slide into the passenger seat, I look over at her. The look on her face was one of uneasiness and she looked like she was thinking hard. 

"H-how the heck d-did you just h-heal?" I managed to get out.

"Okay, first do you promise not to freak out?" She asked. I nodded in agreement. She took a deep breath then began talking again.

"I stopped growing older on my birthday, June 3, 1832. I don't know exactly how to explain it but there are people in this world who are, er, different. My guardian is and so am I. There are genes in the human body that produce chemicals that change us as we grow older. The people like me were born with those genes turned off. It's a lot like a deformation. There are very few in this world that have this. But because the genes were turned off, we don't age. Oh, and we also heal. Like whenever I get a cut or break something, it heals in about a minute or two. That's how I found out I was immortal...I kept healing. And also when twenty years go by and you haven't changed a bit, that's kind of a huge hint. We also have increased vision and hearing. And all immortals can sense each other. That's how I found my guardian. We've stayed together for the past eighty-nine years."

As she finished, I tried to comprehend everything she had just told me. I felt numb. She had been staring at the dashboard tracing the lines that ran across it but glanced up at me when she was finished. 

"Are you afraid of me?" She whispered. I just shook my head, leaned my head back against the leather seat, and closed my eyes to listen to the rain pelting against the roof of the car. 

The past eighty-nine years. 

"How old are you?" I asked quietly.

She hesitated then said, "I'm one-hundred and eighty years old." I opened my eyes to look at her again and asked, "What's your name?" She looked at me shocked and I realized how random that had been.

"C-Chloe N-Nevers." She stuttered. "What's yours?"

"Tyler. Tyler Johnson." I was definitely shocked she was immortal but for some reason I wasn't scared. As long as Chloe was just immortal and not some alien freak, I felt safe. Oh God, now sound insane! I ran my hand through my hair and thought over what I would do now with this information. 

"I need you to promise something." She started. "No, I want you to swear...you cannot tell a soul about this." She said with determination written on her face. 

"Most of my life my guardian and I have been running from people who know about us. They want to do test on us and figure out how our genes have done this so others can have it. Trust me, experiencing it firsthand is not pleasant. Immortality is torture - always running and never having a life or friends." 

Seeing the sad look on her face, I blurt out, "Well I can be your friend now since I know." My eyes widened and she gives me a small smile. After I got over the shock of everything, I now had a chance to really look at her. She seemed, well...perfect. 

"Are you sure you want to be friends with someone like me?" She asked. 

"I definitely would like to know you better" I said with more confidence. 

She full on smiled now and replied, " I would like to know you better too. But you have to swear not to speak of this to anyone." The look on her face could only be described as deadly. I felt fear for a second but it quickly went away. 

"I, Tyler Johnson, solemly swear never tell a soul that Chloe Nevers is an immortal."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

O_O So he knows!! Woo! *throws confetti*

Can you guys PLEASE VOTE/COMMENT!! PRETTY PLEASE WITH A GIGANTIC CHERRY ON TOP?! Ok...No more begging! :D KEEP ON READING! I'm not really sure where I'm going with this story but it will DEFINITELY get more interesting! I promise! To the right is Tyler <3 SHINY TEETH! Ok...BYEE! 

PS: If you like it remember to help promote my story to your friends! Thanks! VOTE AND COMMENT PEOPLES!! >_<        <--------frustrated face  All you have to do is press that button that says "vote" to the right :D DO IT!