04

11.46 PM

The pair finished eating the dessert, the wine bottle was half-empty and the blonde and the raven were still sitting at the table. Seokjin didn't know what to say, his head was feeling a little heavy and he could feel his cheeks burning up.

''Excuse me for a bit.'' He spoke as he stood up from the table and made his way into the bathroom.

His squinted at the bright light that was above the bathroom mirror and walked over to it. He washed his hands then splashed some cold water onto his face and wiped it with a towel. He looked at his reflection.

His face was no longer as gray as before, his cheeks were flushed and he no longer looked as dead as before. The difference a warm meal and some alcohol could make. He fixed up the damaged white locks to make himself look a bit more presentable then walked back into the bedroom.

He looked over to the table to see the raven was no longer sitting there; he was now looking out the opened window as he took a drag of his cigarette. Seokjin walked over to the man and rested his arms on the windowsill.

''You smoke?'' The raven asked as he offered the blonde the lit up cancer stick.

''I don't have the money to be addicted to those...'' Seokjin replied but still took the stick from the man's hand and place it between his lips. He inhaled the smoke but started coughing immediately after when the smoke got caught in his throat.

A chuckle escaped the raven's lips as he patted the blonde's back.

''Should've warned you to not inhale, sorry.'' He apologized as he took the stick from Seokjin's hands.

''Why do people get addicted to these things?'' Seokjin asked as he held down a cough.

''I'm not sure... At first, I smoked when I was stressed, but now, I kind of just have a habit to smoke after I eat.''

'' That's a weird habit.'' Seokjin murmured.

''Can't argue about that.'' The raven chuckled.

''Joonho, can I ask you a question?''

''Mhm...'' The raven hummed as he blew out another cloud of smoke.

''Why did you rent me for the entire night?'' A cloud of smoke got caught in the raven's throat causing him to start coughing as well as Seokjin asked that question. He took another drag to calm down then looked at the blonde.

''Did you just say 'rent'?'' He asked confused.

''Well, it's true, isn't it?'' Seokjin spoke with a sigh. ''You rent my body, use it for a certain amount of time then return it, and later a different customer does the same. I just find it weird that you paid for the entire night; usually I get paid for an hour maybe two if the person wants to go for another round. ''

''You're a person, not a rent-a-car business.''

''I haven't been treated like a person for at least a year now...''

''What do you mean?''

''I prefer to not spill my life story to my customers. It makes me feel at least a bit better if I know they don't know who I am.''

''Is that why you gave me a fake name when I introduced myself?'' The raven asked causing Seokjin's eyes to go wide.

''How did you know?''

''Because I also gave you a fake name.'' The raven explained as he sent the blonde a smile.