sober thoughts (g) pt 2

980 words;go me

she walked into grayson with 2 other girls.

they were both giving him a lap dance.

before y/n knew, she was approached to grayson and she pushed the two girls away from him.

the two girls weren't even the slightest bit of bothered, there were tons of other guys in the club to satisfy. so, they went away to a different guy.

but grayson however, was bothered.

he got up and but felt dizzy right after. he gripped his chair tightly so he wouldn't fall.

he was definitely drunk.

he squinted his eyes to look at whoever just interrupted him from the lap dance he was getting. his head was pounding so hard, he thought he needed more alcohol.

little did he know, the pain was from what he thought would take it away.

he stood there confused when he saw her in front of him. he thought he was hallucinating.

something made him snap back to reality. it was now clear to even himself that his lover was standing right in front of him.

"w- why would you do that?" he asked. he was starting to get sad.

"why would YOU do that gray?" y/n asked back without answering his question. her voice came out like she wanted to cry. again, it turned into anger. she didn't want anybody to see her sad side.

grayson wasn't experienced enough to turn his sadness into anger. instead, he wanted to cry. the alcohol was wearing off, even though it didn't show that in his vodka smelling breath.

" the alcohol doesn't do it anymore. other girls would take it away." he said. tears were starting to fill up his throat, if that was possible.

"take what away gray?" y/n said, louder than she expected to.

graysons legs got weaker. it was obvious to anyone from even a distance that he was drunk. he was about to fall again.

"take the pain away. the pain that you gave me."

y/n thought he was lying. she wasn't aware that drunk words are sober thoughts. besides, grayson was the one who broke up with her. it wasn't the other way around. how would she be hurting him if he was the one that decided the relationship was over?

she felt bad. she knew she shouldn't though because he came here, to the bar. it was his own choice. but she was worried of him waking up with a bad hangover. not only that, she was upset at how he was going to wake up feeling regret. he was going to be taken advantage of by those two girls if she wasn't to come soon enough.

it might've been pleasure to him during but when he woke up, the opposite. she knew the feeling.

all of a sudden she didn't want to be in the situation she was in right now. she regretted coming here. she wondered why ethan called her.

talking about ethan, where was he? why wasn't he near his brother?

she didn't respond to his comment, even though she wanted him to sober up and go back to normal again. the state he was in made it hard for her to stay mad at him.

she'd rather be angry at him than soft for his drunk 'lies.'

she took out her phone to text ethan. less than 7 seconds later, she sent him-

where are you? why did you make me come here?

it was left on read that exact moment she sent it. he didn't respond.

y/n looked at grayson's poor state. he was staring at her, his eyes were drowsy, almost all shut due to his tiredness.

it was obvious ethan wasn't going to come to get his brother. no matter what anybody told her, she wasn't going to give up on bringing grayson to his house. ethan wasn't going to bring back and she was the next choice. grayson driving himself home wasn't even an option.

so, she tried to swing his arm over her shoulder and help him walk over to her car.

even drunk grayson thought he didn't need help walking. "nah nah, leave me alone." he said, then fell back down to the chair he was sitting on earlier. "come here" y/n said more stern. "you can't do anything without me."

grayson got up with the help of y/n. "i think so too" he said.

then, like a crazy guy, he started giggling. this made y/n slightly chuckle also.they looked crazy. a girl and guy walking together, the guy's arm wrapped around the smaller girl's shoulder. the guy drunk and both of them laughing like lunatics.

"remember that time- that time when we went to that burger place and you- you told the cashier lady we were siblings. then you kissed me on the lips and you-" he laughed harder "you should've seen her face! she actually thought you were my sister!" y/n kept walking with grayson leaned on her. she was smiling really bright. "yea, and she wanted us out of her restaurant because she said she didn't want people who went against the bible and committed incest."

grayson was smiling too, but his face went sad when he remembered that part. "what happened gray? why do you look so upset all of a sudden?" y/n asked when she looked up to him. they were near her car.

he didn't say anything until y/n opened the door to the backseat of her car. she was still confused on why his mood changed all of a sudden. he fixed himself up to sit nicely after he got to the back of the car. he mumbled something but y/n couldn't make out what he said. even though she was curious, she didn't question him further.

instead, she just wondered how their date from a really long time ago came to his mind during a situation like this. 

part 3 or do u just want me to leave it at this?