worst addiction (e) pt 2

requested by and dedicated to- @fanficsc

ethan got out the car with the note behind the cigarette box, furious with tears dried on his cheeks.

he hated quite a lot of things at the moment. the invention of cigarettes, his friend from high school who's name he forgot at the moment that got him addicted to the cigarettes in the first place, the guy his lover was having an affair with at this same exact moment and more he didn't have time to mention.

but, he could've never hate y/n.

she was the love of his life. she was the smile that was contagious, the sunshine in the dark, the solution to all his problems. she was basically his everything.

yes, cigarettes are nearly impossible to quit but compared to y/n, they weren't a big problem. no matter how false it sounds, it's true that he could've easily gone without cigarettes. he still could now, he just didn't find the point to stop smoking. it made him feel good in a way.

the real problem was the love of his life. how could he forget her that quick? how was he going to quit his actual worst addiction?

all this passed by his head as he made way to the mailbox near their door. it was plain black and poorly painted in a gold dull color with the number 74, their apartment number.

he opened it and dropped the empty cigarette box in, the same one he wrote his poem on. he smirked when he saw an envelope, it was the electricity bill y/n would've have to pay by herself this month. with a furious but not serious smirk on his face, he rolled his eyes. 'it didn't have to be this way' he thought and walked back to his car.

he drove off as memories of them from the past played in his head.

the time when ethan first found out he was deeply in love with y/n- when they went pumpkin picking a few years ago a week before halloween and her face grew a wide smile when she "had found the perfect one." he was more aware that she was the only one he wanted when she was bragging the whole way home because of the same childish reason, "her pumpkin was better than his."

he smiled a little at the thought but it was still obvious that he was crying.

when they first got the apartment, when they joked around arguing about who looked more like the monkeys in the zoo they went to for a date, when they first met in a beach party and tried showing off to each other while playing volleyball in the sand, and many more of the memories came to his head as he could no longer ignore the tears uncontrollably falling from his dark eyes.

before he knew, his car was smashed into the one in front. it looked like he didn't pay attention to the red light and drove anyways which was now the reason why he had passed out against the steering wheel and had a bloody nose that was now affecting the steering wheel.

to others, his life looked like it was in danger but thankfully, nothing was that major. he had only passed out from the shock he was left in.

the guy in the front that he smashed his car into got out the car to see if his car was harmed. seeing ethan in a bad state, he panicked and called the ambulance.
-
since he was sleeping in the hospital bed he couldn't hear anything. if he could've though, he would've prevented the nurse inside his room from calling the number they had found inside the car. y/n's. she didn't pick up.

"hello this is mercy hospital informing you that ethan dolan has gotten into a car accident. as his nurse we called to inform you that. if you have any questions call us by this number." and then a beep sound came, the voicemail ended.

minutes later y/n rushed into the room ethan was now awake in.

it was minutes and minutes until ethan finally stopped ignoring her. he said he would stick around for her to earn her trust back but he would never forget what had happened.