worst addiction (e)

he closed the balcony door, finally preventing the cold air from coming in more than it already had.

"you need to stop this shit ethan, they're slowly taking over your life." y/n said right after rubbing her eyes. the brightness in the room was making it hard to see; considering it was currently 6:02 am. a time nobody really would want to wake up at.

"it's just not that easy baby, you know i can't quit them that quick." ethan just responded, using similar words to the ones that he always used in conversations like these. "it's my worse addiction" he continued, without much thought.

yeah, he woke up nearly the same time everyday, around 6 am because of his desperate need of a cigarette but he was getting better at it. he was taking secret classes, starting to purchase less packs, turning down offers, you name it, he did it all for y/n.

the thought of y/n upset pressured him to quit smoking more than the fact that he was slowly killing himself from the nasty cigarettes.

the morning cigarette was the only one he took that day but y/n didn't notice. that was okay for ethan though, he just wanted to surprise her one day when he had quit for sure.

a week or so afterwards, ethan was found driving over the speed limit to the lovely apartment y/n and him shared. he was gonna surprise her with the fact that he had finally quit. his one and only princess y/n was gonna be so proud of him he thought. he finally reached their apartment, parking carefully with a smile on his face.

"baby! guess what!" he yelled, closing the front door. he didn't get a reply. poor eth was too excited to even pay attention to the extra pair of shoes thrown without thought near the shoe rack.

still a smile evident on his face, he rushed to their room. his eyebrows furrowed and his smile swept off his face when he heard moaning coming from their shared bedroom. he quietly opened the door to make sure that his mind wasn't playing games with him. was his princess really cheating on him?

he feared his vision. why would she had done that? did she not trust him every time gave her the promise of quitting his cigarettes? it was his own fault he thought as he closed the door and left the apartment with tears in his eyes.

when he was finally in his car, he slammed his fist on the steering wheel. anger suddenly took over his body, but it was still nothing compared to his sadness.

he eyed the pack of cigarettes that were lying on the passenger seat. no matter how strong the urge was though, he didn't want to smoke. it had taken him to long to getting rid of his worst addiction. but, he pressed a cigarette to his lips anyways.

he reached up to get the pen that was hanging on the mirror on his side of the car. he turned the pack of cigarettes to the side where there was less writing and wrote the words that came to his head.

"you told me you were leaving
because i smoke cigarettes
i stopped smoking in fear
of losing you forever
i went by your place to tell
you that i broke my bad habit
i saw you pressing your lips
against someone new
my walk home was lonely and
the only thing pressed to my
lips was a cigarette
i guess it's time to quit
my bad habit- you"

-

inspired by that post

inspired by that post. source : 7:39 on instagram.