ferris wheel (g) pt 1

941 words
"i'm sorry sir, you'll need to sit here, next to this young lady. the huge line is going by to slow and this is the only spot open." the Ferris wheel operator told the young man.

"what? sorry i'm expecting a friend" y/n lied. the smirk on the guys face faded a little. it seemed like he wanted them to sit on the same cart while riding the Ferris wheel, his favorite ride in the whole carnival. on the other side, y/n only wanted to go up the Ferris wheel for photos for her photography class. she wouldn't want a young and heavenly looking guy around her age interrupting her.

the machine operator didn't say anything but the look on his face made it clear that he just wanted her to shut her mouth. not to mention, it didn't look like he was enjoying his job even the slightest bit. he only motioned the young cute guy to sit where he told him to sit before.

y/n didn't make any comments. she just sat there kind self- conscious, only now noticing his facial features and structure.

"hi" the guy said sitting in front of her, his eyes also studying y/n's face.

"hi, ummm-"

"grayson. the name's grayson's"

"nice name, my name's y/n." she started to take out the camera that was dangling on her neck in its case.

"photography? it's cool, you take pictures." grayson said. he wasn't stepping out of his comfort zone, starting conversations was one of the many things he was good at.

"yea, trying to get my major for it. what about you?" she adjusted her camera lens', focusing in and out when pointing the actual lens to the view from outside their cart. the setting was kind of dark, meaning there were random lights from the other rides from the viewfinder.

"i don't really know yet. i kinda want to work in the physiology field. be a therapist or something" (a/n i literally don't know wtf 'the physiology' field is, let alone if therapists belong in that field. LMFAO)

y/n still seemed to be adjusting her camera as she nodded, to show that she was listening. "that's actually really nice, i can kinda see you as a therapist." she said the last words as she looked up from her camera to him. she then went on to trying to adjust her camera again. she was having troubles doing so since the setting they were in was the hardest for her to do so. it's hard focusing on a lot of random lights at night, doing so with a professional camera might've even been harder.

"i can't wait to see how those pictures come out, if only you want to show me of course."

"yeah, i would love to but it's actually very difficult to focus these things. i don't know whats wrong with it, it has no trouble adjusting other times." she said. grayson didn't know what to say so he didn't say anything. instead, he just focused on y/n's beauty. he couldn't help but think - i can get used to seeing her everyday.

the loud noise coming from down below the ferris wheel stopped his mind in its tracks. "due to technical difficulties, the ferris wheel is stuck,"

before finishing up his sentence, there were boo's coming from the people in the carts of the ferris wheel, even though it would've been more fitting if it was y/n and grayson 'booing'; after all, they were the one on the highest point of the ferris wheel.

"we'll get this issue fixed in a few minutes without any further problems ladies and gents. don't panic."

people started making conversations from the people they were sitting near, some with their friends if they were lucky and actually chose where to sit.

y/n and grayson were both unbothered. after all, grayson was going to watch the beauty in front of his eyes the whole time while y/n was going to be taking pictures, if only the camera stopped acting dumb.

y/n turned to look back at grayson. "the stupid camera isn't adjusting"

"yikes; it's because of the bright lights everywhere, it's having trouble deciding on where to focus." grayson said, earning a nod from y/n, even though she knew this before.

the next thing y/n did was kind of unexpected. she aimed her camera at grayson, and before you know, the camera adjusted and focused perfectly on him. she didn't take a picture yet but she was tempted to. she couldn't help herself from thinking about how hot grayson looked. she looked up from her camera to look at him face to face.

"umm- it focused." she said and then fake smiled to hide how affected she was from the view she got when looking at him.

"that's uh- nice" he started. he loved the way her eyes suddenly grew a little lust from paying attention to his looks clearer.

"can i uh- take the picture?" y/n asked. it didn't want to focus on other things so, why not take a picture of something it would focus on?

"sure" he answered and smiled. not because he was posing for the picture but because y/n wanted to photograph him.

looking into the camera, she muttered " yea, that's perfect.. turn a little towards me... nicee.." and other things that came naturally to anybody when taking pictures. unexpectedly, she muttered "god damn" grayson loved to hear. no longer was he looking at the camera but now into y/n, smirking with one of his eyebrows raised.

-
part two?