pregnant (e)

you waited for ethan to come home from his work, happy and emotional tears on your face. every time you thought about the surprise you were going to give him, you cried more and more.

'baby come home. its an emergency i have something to tell you.' you typed it and sent him a text. seconds later it was read and then he replied 'are you okay? i'll be there in 5'.

'yes im good just come' was your response. as soon as you sent it, your heart beat got quicker. you sat there waiting for him to come so he could find out about his surprise.

a couple of minutes passed and the handle on the door turned, signaling ethans arrival.

"im here!" he said, coming into the living room to where you were seated in a hurry.

he saw you sitting down with your hand in your face, covering your mouth to stop tears from falling and came up closer to hold you. hugging you, bringing his neck to your face.

"shh baby, tell me what's wrong" he said comforting you and then looking into your eyes again.

you held his hands in yours, looking right back to his eyes that were following everything you were doing. you slowly brought his bigger hands up to your stomach that was barely showing yet, having them grip your baby's little home.

he caught on, his mouth widening into an emotional smile.

you laughed with tears still in your eyes as he brought his hands to his head and in a quiet whisper, said "i'm going to be a father."