instagram likes (e)

563 words

it would be a lie if we said that y/n didn't waste her time looking at what other people like on Instagram, specifically ethan's likes. 

as she scrolled down her own explore page, a pretty girl with the perfect body came up. the picture was her just in a bikini in the beach with the sun emoji as the caption. 

what got y/n's attention wasn't the girl's bum in swimwear, it was the little bold text under the caption that said- liked by ethandolan.

this wasn't the only almost naked post ethan liked from this girl's account. as she scrolled down her page, almost every picture was liked by ethan. 

this made her heart drop a little and as much as she would've wanted to talk to ethan about this issue, she also wanted him to feel what she did. 

-

"babeeee" ethan yelled from the other room. y/n didnt say anything. she was too busy liking this male model's topless pictures. 

"babe?" ethan asked again. this time it was a question. the house was so silent for a few moments, he might've even thought she left their shared apartment. 

"huh?" she called back

"you're home? i thought you left." he shouted back. ethan walked to the dining room, where y/n was sitting so they didn't have to yell to hear each other anymore. 

"yeah, im home, just stalking my crush." she said.

ethan smiled at this because he thought y/n was talking about him, since they always joked around like that. he leaned forward to look at y/n's phone screen to see that she wasn't on his instagram account. 

"umm who's that?" ethan asked y/n, confused. he really wasn't expecting that. 

y/n was quick to pull out the girl's instagram that ethan was liking the pictures of. "im not really sure, maybe he's related to her?" she said, with a questioning tone to make it more believable. 

ethan had no clue what y/n was talking about. the models were no way related, there eyes or hair color wasn't even the same. the face structure on each of them wouldn't make anybody question their relativity either, they were both very different to each other. 

he looked plain stupid in y/n's eyes. y/n scrolled a little to the bottom so ethan could also see the "liked by ethandolan" text on it.  

"ohh baby" ethan said. 

"yeahh" y/n said also, she didn't know what else to say. 

"she came up on my explore page while i was just scrolling and spamming likes." ethan said, struggling not to laugh in front of y/n because of this stupid lie he made. 

"'don't give me the bullshit ethan, just don't do it again." 

" i won't baby, i promise." 

"okay, i trust you only because i love you and i believe you when you say you won't look at other girls' instagram pictures again, specifically hers, especially them almost naked on the beach." 

" i love you too, thank you for giving me a chance baby" ethan said. keeping his sincere and serious face. 

he was about to break down into a slight chuckle because y/n didn't pay attention to the fact that he only ever liked that specific girls' pictures on instagram only because she was his close cousin. he kept it for himself to tell her when she was having a bad day to make her smile after.