Chapter 4

Author's note: you can listen to the song above to deepen the emotion of Chaeng's confession to Mina😉

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mina POV

"Mina...Iike you." I was surprised by what Chaeyoung said. I mean she's cute and all but I know I can't love her. I'm scarred inside and I have to recover from all that happened before I fall in love with someone. My thing with Jaebum is just a crush, I just admire him but I don't love him at all. My body froze and I couldn't speak. "I k-know you don't feel the same Mina unnie. I just wanted to let you know" she gave me a weak smile and I could see tears in her eyes. "I'm sorry Chaeng...I can't love you yet." I said as I gave her a hug. I hope she understands after all, she doesn't know my story.

"But Mina. Just please...please give me   a chance. You're the only one who made me feel this kind of love. You're my light in the midst of darkness so please accept me Mina-ssi. I love you so much, I promise I won't hurt you. You're my world and you already own my heart Mina..."  Chaeyoung said all of those with tears flowing down her cheeks. I felt sorry for her but I couldn't do anything.

"Chaeyoung-ah, I'm sorry" I held her hand and gave her an apologetical smile. "Let's go home."  She just replied with a nod and we took a taxi to the bus station. On the way home, we weren't talking to each other. It was all awkward but I hope our friendship stays the same. I don't want to lose my best friend, I don't want to lose anyone special again.

When we arrived at Seoul, Chaeyoung left the train leaving me in shock by her sudden action. Was she really affected by my rejection? I know it hurts but I don't deserve Chaeyoung. I'm scarred and unsteady and I'm afraid that I'll hurt her. Because that's what anxiety does. It makes you push people away because  you think they're leaving you but in reality no one was ever gonna leave. "Forgive me Chaeyoung-ah"

Chaeyoung POV
I spend most of my time in the train crying and regretting that I ever confessed. I knew it was going to happen but I just couldn't keep it anymore. I went home and threw myself on my bed. "Fuck this..." I mumbled to myself.

There were so many thoughts going on in my head. And it just won't stop. This feeling had some kind of nostalgia... I remembered when I was so hurt because of my parents and Somi. It had some kind of effect on me. My traumatic past was haunting me again. I couldn't breathe anymore, it was haunting me badly. I started hitting my chest and coughed loudly.

I think Jihyo heard because she burst right into my door. "CHAEYOUNG! LET'S TAKE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL." Jihyo unnie told me as she called the paramedics. I fainted and I woke up in a bed with wires attached to me. I saw Jihyo sleeping beside my bed. She woke up and held my hand. "Chaeyoung...what happened? I was worried" she told me with worried eyes. "Jihyo unnie. Mianhae...it happened again. I confessed to Mina and I...I got rejected. I was h-hurt and-" I was cut off by Jihyo. "Shush Chaeyoung-ah. I understand." She kissed my forehead and looked at me as if saying that everything will be alright. "Go get some sleep." She smiled at me before turning off the light. "Thanks Jihyo unnie. I appreciate everything you've done for me." I told her and she hummed as a reply.

Jihyo POV

Aigoo this Chaeyoungie, she got hurt again. I wish I could've been Mina. Some people just couldn't see that she's a genuinely sweet and honest person. I liked Chaeyoung since she's been my roommate, but I guess she only sees me as her friend. Chaeyoung-ah I'll fight for you.

She was discharged the next morning and we went back to the dorm. We skipped class today since Chaeyoung didn't want to see Mina. We spent the whole day in the dorm doing some homework till I decided to ask Chaeyoung to have dinner with me. She agreed and we went to a restaurant nearby.