Chapter 12

Mina POV

"Babe! You've been spacing out again!" Jisoo pouted as she hugged me.

"Oh Jisoo-ya, sorry I was just preoccupied with my thoughts" I replied as I gave her a comforting smile.

I couldn't love Jisoo while still loving Chaeyoung. I can't love a person while still holding onto my past.

My mind was a mess and I needed some space from reality. I excused myself from Jisoo and went to the restroom.

I washed my hands and looked at my reflection in the mirror. I knew I was broken, I had to rebuild myself.

I went back to our table and sat across Jisoo looking into her deep, brown eyes. Loving Jisoo isn't hard but there's still a burden in my heart, Chaeyoung.

"Babe, I noticed you've been down lately. Why don't you go back to Japan for a while to take a rest? Our finals are coming in two weeks or so but why don't you take a break?" Jisoo said while eating her pasta.

"You really think so?" I was partially happy that I could go back to Japan.

"Sure! Go visit your parents for a while, hon!" Jisoo said with a smile on her face.

"I already booked a flight to surprise you babe. Now let's go, you need to pack up!" Jisoo said while extending her hand for me to hold.

"Thank you Jisoo-ya!" I said as I kissed her cheek.

She drove me to my dorm and we were welcomed by a bubbly Momo and Sana.

They ignored us and continued their conversation about which K-drama series was better.

I started to pack my clothes in my suitcase. I packed lightly and walked to my cabinet.

I opened it and retrieved a lavender colored box, I opened it and I wore the necklace inside.

I smile remembering the moment Chaeyoung gave me this necklace.

"Mina-ya, I want to give you this. It was from my dad who recently passed away. He told me to give my heart to the one I loved the most. I can't literally give you my heart Mina but this necklace will symbolize it. I love you to the deepest part of my heart Minari."

I teared up while remembering the exact words Chaeyoung told me. I broke her soft heart, stupid Mina strikes again.

"Why are you packing up, Mina?" A voice from behind startled me.

"I'm going to visit my parents in Japan for a while before our finals." I turned around to see Momo with worried eyes.

"Be safe Mina. Don't get yourself killed." Sana said coldy.

They're acting pretty suspicious today,  especially Sana she wasn't always that serious.

"Ok, we'll get going now. Bye guys!" Jisoo said as she carried my suitcase and lead me to her car.

"Do you want to eat something before we get to the airport, hon?" Jisoo asked me while giving me a peck in the forehead.

"We just ate Jisoo-ya" I giggled at her question.

"Right. Now let's get going!" Jisoo said as she started driving.

"Do you think Chaeyoung will forgive me?" I knew it was an awkward topic but we had to talk about it.

"Of course she will. If a person really loves you then they would accept that their loved one is happy even if they aren't the cause of that happiness anymore." Jisoo told me sighing heavily after.