chapter 12 » osborn

Harry Osborn, son of the Norman Osborn

Harry Osborn, son of the Norman Osborn. He was to take over Oscorp. He's a genius and everything anyone could possibly expect and want. Charming and charismatic, stunning and well-spoken. He's endearing beyond words. It's hard for anyone to not be drawn into him so Ajax found herself a little surprised he actually found himself sitting beside her and asking her to get a coffee. There were plenty of other girls at the school who actually knew his face but he picked Ajax.

"Well, I've gotta head out, some last minute break projects need my attention. But I'll see you around." Harry gives a side smile to Ajax.

"Yeah, I'll be around." Ajax smiles back as Harry gets up, a soft pep in his step.

Ajax's smile dropped when she looked in front of her to see Peter looking over his shoulder, a scowl etched on his face. She rolled her eyes as she gathered her things. Ajax hoped that nearly a month would get Peter to shake her but that apparently was not in her cards. He's a spider not a parasite. He's supposed to be easier to shake.

"Peter?" Gwen says, pulling Peter's attention back.

"Huh? Sorry." Peter shakes his head as he licks his lips. "W-what were you saying?" He tries to shake his annoyance as he puts on an innocent facade.

Gwen looks to Ned who just shrugs. "She's over you." Gwen says coldly.

"What?" Peter's eyes bulge by Gwen's blunt comment.

"She's over you. She tells me things."

"T-that's not it." Peter shakes his head as Ajax starts to walk in front of his table to exit the cafeteria. "I-I don't...I don't like her. It's nothing. I gotta go. I'll be back." Peter says in a quick breath as he grabs his bag and follows Ajax.

Ajax was only getting up to shake Peter. Her class was closer to the cafeteria than her locker was but she couldn't stand Peter's glare, not when they had the following class together and he'd probably be holding the same one all class period. She knew he was eavesdropping. All she wanted to do was get out of the cafeteria and away from him, away so he wouldn't ruin her nice mood that was brought on by Harry. But, that wasn't going to happen. She could hear Peter's footsteps and feel him behind her.  

"Can I help you, Parker?" Ajax asks as she feels Peter coming up closer behind her.

"You can't go with him." Peter says.

Ajax turns around quickly, glaring at Peter. "Pretty sure I can. But that's none of your business." Ajax looks around the empty hallway, making sure no one could hear her. "Keep your super senses to yourself."

"I-I can't help it." Peter says through gritted teeth.

"Find a way." Ajax rolls her eyes and turning back around, starting her way down the hall again.

"You can't, please." Peter pleads as he trails behind her.

"Why?" Ajax asks, not stopping.

"Because." Peter whisper-yells.