chapter 15 » terrified

Stay

Stay.

The word almost felt foreign leaving Ajax's mouth but she meant it. She meant it with every part of her being and by the look on her face, the softness, Peter knew she did, too. Ajax's was always harsh, always etched in some type of worry unless she was sleeping but now, now her face is so soft and smooth and she's not worried for the first time that Peter had known her. The one time maybe she should be worried and she's not.

"P, if you have to go because May needs you home,-"

Peter cuts Ajax off by moving back to her and colliding his lips with hers, far less hesitance this time. Peter's arm wraps around Ajax as she tugs him back to her bed, the two of them falling backward and soft laughs escaping their lips when they hit her mattress.

"Okay sshh, Tony will hear." Ajax whispers before she moves to Peter's lips again, Peter leaning over her with one arm holding him up on the side of her and the other hand on her hip.

Peter pulls away for a second. "I-if...what happens if Mr. Stark comes in?"

Ajax rolls her eyes. "We're not doing anything."

Ajax cups Peter's face and brings his mouth back to hers. Peter shaking off as much anxiety as he can. He enjoyed kissing Ajax but it was in the back of his mind that Tony walking in on them laying down in the dark making out would probably not look too good on his part. With that said, Peter didn't bother to try and stop.

There was something that told him to just keep going. He wanted to more than anything. Hell, he couldn't even remember when he actually came up for a proper breathe, he didn't know if even did at all. His head was lost in the lust in the movement of her mouth against his and her soft tugs on the hair on the back of his neck.

He was lost in the moment and there was so much there. So many unsaid words that needed to be figured out and there was something in the pit of his stomach that told him that's why Ajax asked him to stay, that's why she pulled him for a second kiss. That's why the kissing is getting sloppy and neither of them can breathe properly. And yet, despite knowing maybe Peter should stop and ask what's really going on, he can't pry himself away from her. She's a drug and he can't let her go and go through withdrawal so soon. It's not up to him anymore, maybe it never was.

At the end of the day, it would come down to if Ajax wanted him. And not just wanted him in that moment but wanted him for longer than a week or two. Peter wanted her and the ball was now thrown in her court. Did Ajax simply have a bad day meeting with Harry so she's using Peter to make herself feel better or was Harry her push she needed to really get in with Peter? He wasn't too sure but Peter's an optimist. Sometimes his optimism is annoying and downright dangerous, but it's better than him thinking the worst. And all he wanted was Ajax.

The lights turned on the teens quickly scrambled, falling off of the bed as Tony stood in the doorway, glaring at them with arms crossed.

"Hey, Tony." Ajax holds out her words, guilt across her entire face with her red tinted cheeks.