Mechanic

This person was the key to today's robotics and knowledge of the past. Sama was the name the mechanic went by and they have proven to be a very useful asset to the colony. They were found inside a crypto-sleep chamber, by the colony's scout team when they were looking for any usable resources. She was a short brunette female with messy shoulder-length hair topped with a pair of vintage steampunk aviator goggles on their head, dark brown optics occasionally covered with a pair of black framed glasses; and wore a simple black short-sleeved t-shirt, beige denim pants, a vest, tool belt, and one of her legs was made out of low carbon iron, a prosthetic. While robotics was their main specialty they had also provided tips and tricks on various topics from the past to help the growth and development of the colony. (Y/n) was never able to visit them often, but the two seemed to have created a nice friendship so far. If (Y/n) was correct they should be working at the moment.
  (Y/n) strolled up to one of the many worn-down buildings on the west side of the colony. A few buildings down, there were a few heavy-duty androids and robots going in and out of the building carrying construction materials. She must be in there, She concluded. There were multiple stewards around the parameter of the building, these were specifically re-designed and enhanced to get around the rough earthy terrain. While getting into the construction site was easy given that she was a council member it was finding the person she was looking for that was the challenge. "Ah (Y/n)!" A scruffy male voice called from above. "Came to see our latest project have ye?" Looking up to the source of the voice, she cupped the sides of her face to shield her vision from the sun, "afternoon Mr. Boulet, What'cha working on?" The man stepped onto a scissor lift and made his way down to properly talk to the girl. "Good to see ya girl! We're currently working on a place for the children to gather and get some hands-on learning as a group they called this a school in common civilization.**" The girl nodded, looking around the area taking in all the work that has been done so far. "So what brings ya here?" Mr. Boulet questioned, "It is not often we get council members such as yourself to a site like this." He wiped the sweat of hard labor forming on his forehead. "I'm looking for Sama Mr. Boulet, the council has finally come to an agreement on the population issue and I was hoping to get her help on this." She explained. Mr. Boulet observed her in curiosity. He was one of the volunteered people to help build the new colony with his specialty being construction; Despite his scruffy and dirty appearance from working, he was quite the nerd about architecture from the common and ancient civilizations. "Sama eh, she's further in the building working on Albert**." Albert was a robot, designed by Mr. Boulet, that was similar to a Wall-e unit and a dozer. The name Albert was just a name he gave the small robot. "So what kind of solution did the council agree on?" He query. (Y/n) smiled and held her pointer finger close to her lips, "Shh I want it to be a surprise!"

  According to Mr. Boulet, Sama was in one of the rooms inside working in her current makeshift workshop. A MVR-A beeped as it made its way through the halls carrying a slouching malfunctioning Wall-e unit, and another one carrying Albert. "Ah Albert!" (Y/n) called over and the MVR-A pulled over. "Hello (Y/n)." "Greetings!" The two greeted unanimously. "Hello to you both," she smiled "Can you tell me where you picked up Albert MVR-A?" The robot blinked, replacing his 'eyes' with a mapped-out route of the building. She nodded, "Thanks."

  (Y/n) had managed to catch up with the MVR-A that was carrying the malfunctioning Wall-e android unit and managed to hop onto its trailer, much to the MVR-A's surprise. "So what happened with you?" She asked the droid. While the droid didn't look at her they managed to point out what was wrong, their eyes. Their voice was soft and feminine, "Can't see." (Y/n) leaned in closer to get a better look. Their typical violet optics were dark grey and dull. "Don't worry I'm sure Sama can fix you in no time." The droid shuffled bringing their knees up to their chest. "I hope so, I do not wish to be considered as obsolete." (Y/n) let out a breathy sigh. While both robots and droids have gotten accustomed to their new roles on Earth, some seem to still manage to keep the narrow way of thinking; work, work efficiently, and effectively, follow your directive until the end of your life or until you are given another, and most importantly, carry it out correctly or you would be considered a flaw, a defective, obsolete. "I do not want to be off again." The droid spoke again. This Wall-e unit was one of the few that was able to be salvaged. (Y/n) could sympathize with the droid's fear, to be in what she could only assume was a void of darkness only to be brought back out all of a sudden and to be useful once again. I wonder if the Autopilot will feel the same. It was agreed upon by the council that once she learned how to fly the ship if the Autopilot were to slip up in any way he was to be turned off immediately.
  The MVR-A hovered to a stop allowing (Y/n) to hop off and assist the blind Wall-e. "Careful," she guided the droid's legs toward the edge of the MVR-A's trailer. Giving the droid one last tug, she managed to get them off, almost dropping them. Man, they are a lot heavier than they look. Throwing the Wall-e's arm across her shoulders, (Y/n) guided them to the room across from them.