Technical Difficulties

Auto was currently under the scanner checking for any missed hardware damaged. Multiple holo-screen were up around Ghost as they checked and rechecked all systems. Ghost was frustrated over how they could have missed this one issue in the software. Auto was also getting restless as Ghost kept quiet throughout the multiple scans.

Finally, Auto let out a breathy sigh "can you please inform me of what is going on?" Auto gritted, "I believe I have the right to know." Ghost sent over a few screens towards him, showing the codes and red errors in his systems. "When I first checked your systems the 404 error messages weren't as serious as they were before; however, now they seem to pop up in many files. There is code that is clearly there but you or the scanner is not picking it up as a code, but as an error message instead, thus having me to manually scan it."

Ghost let out an irritated sigh. "And that's not even the issue." Auto leans forward, leaning out of the scanner causing glitches in the visuals on the holo screens. "Then what is?!" He questions trying to get straight to the point.

Ghost points a clawed finger at his head getting him to lean back into the scanner. "The issue is that these codes are not from any BnL code files for you, or any other autopilot on record." Ghost began to pace around. "You have our records!" Auto leaned out from the scanner. "Sit. back." Ghost said sternly. Auto did as told. "Yes I do, I was granted access from the council but that's not the point. The point is these codes are something entirely different and even if they were just wasted codes your programmer accidentally left it still doesn't explain why I couldn't uncover them before."

Ghost turned off the scanner allowing Auto to sit up freely. "It's not like they're effecting your actual main programming but I just can't read what these codes are for or what they are supposed to do!" Ranges of static frequencies left Ghost as if they were growling in frustration and anger "It's almost as if these codes have been encrypted by Atlas!"

Auto was taken aback a little. It was clear that the android in front of him, usually seen as the aloof and quiet one, was absolutely struggling with this counter. The scanner was turned off meaning he could now step out.

Ghost summoned a hover chair for them to sit, as they leaned back going through all saved and copied files of Auto's coding while taking in a deep 'breath' trying to cool down their overheated processors.

"What if," Auto sighed wearily as he took a seat, "what if it's thirteen?"

"Who?" Not even looking up from the screens.

Auto began explaining how 'thirteen' was a voice that would speak and control him during any related topic that regarded in keeping the humans in the Axiom 'safe'.
"I don't think this 'thirteen' thing of yours could possibly be the reason, but regardless I'll check because the last thing (y/n) needs is any more issues than she already has to deal. If it were the issue, I don't see why BnL would use such an encrypted code. It's not like there were programmers other than the systems computer, which you had control of, on the ship right?"

Auto nodded."You are correct."

Silence was a standstill between them after that. Ghost and Auto were looking over the codes. To Auto these codes were completely foreign and complex, he could understand why Ghost's frustration. Which led to another thought. He had to ask.
"Who, or what is Atlas?" Auto questioned carefully. "You mentioned about it earlier."
Ghost closed their eye as if they were reminiscing about something, "now that is a lot of information you are asking for Auto, but since you asked and my previous statement I'll give in. Atlas was one of the very few and the very last competing company against BnL. They were more than just producers, they were teachers as well."

"'they?'"

"A business is not a business without its' workers, just as a captain is not a captain without a crew Autopilot. Now don't interrupt." The lights were dimmed as Ghost took the holographic files and morphed them into a holographic 3-D image of the assumed building of Atlas. The landmark consisted of one large skyscraper like building and several smaller buildings surrounding the larger one. "test sights of large projects were spread across and located in desolated areas. Anyways, the issue was that Atlas was regulated by the Government even though it was also run by a CEO. When BnL somehow became CEO of the world, that fact still is surprising to me," Ghost mumbled, "Atlas was left with two choices: get bought and work under the name of BnL, or keep their pride and dignity by declaring bankruptcy, which is what it came down to. From what I know and gathered BnL was pissed when they found out that they couldn't even get access to any of Atlas's technology, the whole building was lockdown; hence my suspicion of that code of yours."

The holograms were dismissed as Ghost stood up from the hover chair and proceeded to shut any other working equipment down. Auto stayed seated as he processed all the new information. He was hunched, elbows rested on his thighs and fingers laced together.
"You were made by Atlas weren't you?"
He looked back to Ghost who was turning down the ward light to power saving mode.
"Yes I was." Ghost simply answered.

"And your purpose? Your directive?"

"You're pushing it Autopilot."

Auto scoffed and mumbled out a fine. It was definitely something to uncover about the android but that still didn't make all the much comfort in being around them.

"Well are you going to stay in the dark and mope or are you coming up to the captain's bridge? I was paged so I'm assuming they must be ready. All they need is you Autopilot." Ghost was leaning against the entry doorway arms crossed waiting for him.
Auto quickly gotten up from the chair, dusting off the invisible dirt and dust off his uniform.

"My apologies."

When thou can't art,
Thou must write.
I don't think I said that right...

Haha if the school board says I don't have to do my work then I'm not doing it....if only I could say the same thing for my AP classes T^T

I have two written exams next week so wish me luck on that as well as good wishes on those who are struggling from the disease named after a beer.

Next chapter is coming soon I'm just too impatient to write and then publish all three.

It's also 3 in the morning and I need to sleep.