Sky

Once finally calmed down and cooled, Auto took notice of something he should've saw a long time ago.

A blue sky.

He has never seen a blue sky, not since the axiom first took off to space. It was refreshing to say at the least.

A small bug flew and landed on the window that Auto just almost shattered. It's wings were bigger than its body and full of color. Out of a new founded curiosity that he has never felt before. Auto takes a quick scan of the specimen that he sees.

With fortunate luck he gets a complete scan before the small creature of colors fly off into the light blue sky.

Scan complete:
<Rhopalocera> or commonly know as butterfly, are insects from the macrolepidopteran clade Rhopalocera from the order Lepidoptera, which also includes moths. Adult butterflies have large, often brightly coloured wings, and conspicuous, fluttering flight.

The computer then puts up multiple pictures of many different types of butterflies on the screen.

'Look at them all free without a doubt' he thought. He then looked down at his hands. Taking a deep breath he let out a shaky sigh. He had to get a hold of himself. Now realizing what he was doing he quickly dismissed the computer causing the images to disappear.  He had to step out of the brig. It was too overwhelming at this point. Maybe hopefully no one would recognize him if he walked around....right?

______________________________

(Y/n) stepped out of the council building taking a deep breath of fresh air. They just gotten out of another stuffy meeting again discussing about the overgrown population and the progress of the axiom including Auto. The council was still a bit reluctant about using the axiom but still decided to go with the idea. Transportation was still a bit of an issue when it came to traveling out side of the colony. There was still some trash that needed a good picking up here and there but luckily it wasn't as bad as it was sixty years ago.

Today the sky was a bright blue that was being decorated by white fluffy clouds that drifted across the sky. Spotting a small insect swoop down caught her eye as it was coming closer to her. She leans back at the sudden closeness towards her then soon sees it as a butterfly.

The small but beautiful insect dances as it flutters around painting the sky with its multi color wings. Quietly laughing at the little bugs playfulness as it glides freely in the sky she begins to head back to the axiom to check on everyone.

Once reaching to the control brig the first thing she noticed was it was oddly quiet and empty. Looking around she called out "Auto?" There was no Auto Pilot around. 'Where in the world could he be?' She continues to think about all the possibilities until she finally noticed the cracked window that was just now sealing its self back in place.