2 | 5

"I love you so much."

little lifelines | ella

____

I opened my eyes just as he said the words and stood in amazement at what surrounded me. Candles and lights lit up the garden covering the roof, hazing it in gold.

"Jake..." I breathed as I stepped forward, "This is incredible..." I looked at him and smiled. "How did you even do this?"

"Well I had a little help from Mads, but I'm glad you like it."

"Like it? Jake, I love it!" I said running and jumping into his arms to hug him causing him to laugh.

"This isn't just it, there's more..." He said putting me down and grabbing onto my hand pulling me into the garden. After we turned the corner, I came to a stop.

"Wow... This, this is, thank you so much..." I said looking at what sat in front of me, a tent covered in lights and full of blankets, a large projector in front.

"I just... I knew you wanted to go to the movies but couldn't cause it was too hard, so I thought... why not bring the movies to her?" He said shrugging his shoulders head down.

I walked over to him and lifted his head so that his eyes stared down into mine. "It's the best gift ever Jake, thank you so much..." I said pressing a kiss to his lips and wrapping my arms around him.

"Well good, because this took me all day..." He said before picking me up making me squeal, "Now what movie shall we watch first?" He said heading over to the tent, and putting me down on the bed inside. "I have tones of choices, take a look and I'll go grab the food," He said smiling handing me a bag filled with movies.

"You do realise how many movies are here right?" I called out.

"Yeah! But I thought it was better to be safe than sorry, now we have tons to watch anyways if we want to another day," He said heading back in holding a brown paper bag. A sweet scent filled my nose and I smiled at him.

"Is that what I think it is?" I said causing him to laugh.

"Yup, your favourite, mock chicken and avocado sushi and mock sweet and sour pork." He said pulling out the containers.

I jumped on him pushing him back onto the blankets and hugged him tightly.

"Thank you, thank you, thank yoooouuuuuu!" I squealed, "You're my favourite you know that?"

"Well, I sure hope so." He said trying to loosen my grip, "Now have you chosen?"

"Yup, La La Land."

"Of course. I knew you would choose that," He laughed, grabbing the disc and putting it in.

"How?"

"I just guessed you would be a musical person,"

"Hey don't judge, musicals are great!"

"I completely agree! I wasn't judging, I love them too!" He said raising his hands, causing me to laugh.

This guy had so many personalities.

"Now come on, let's eat before it gets cold," He said sitting down and pulling me onto his lap, opening one of the containers. "You ready?" He asked grabbing the remote.

"Yup," I smiled kissing his jaw.

"Here we go then..." He said pressing play, and I settled in against his warm chest, food in hand to watch the movie.

___

5 hours and 2 movies later and we were lying in the tent staring up at the stars, I was huddled into Jakes warmth, as we talked.

About life, our hopes and our dreams, eventually reaching the topic we knew was coming.

"What do you think Jake? Should I do it?" I said looking up at him to see his eyes squeezed shut as if he was in pain.

After a few minutes of silence, he finally spoke up. "A-Apart of me wants to say no. Don't do it, don't take the risk and stay with me, because I don't want you to leave me. But, I thought about it, I really did, and it's up to you Ella. But I think you should do it, take the chance. If there is even the slightest chance that you could live, a long happy life, God forbid me, but I think you should take it. You don't want to regret not doing it, ya know? It's going to be hard I know, but I also know it's not about me, I don't get to be greedy, it's your life. I know you'll make the choice that is right for you, and at this stage that's all that matters, if you do then okay, we'll work through it, and if you don't, if you want to spend your last months or so with me then that's also fine, I swear I'll make it the best time of your life..." He said tears in his eyes, and some now falling down my face. "I love you so much Ella, I would do anything for you and I will be here no matter what." He said, the tears spilling out of his eyes now as he wrapped his arms around me.

"I'm so scared," I sobbed, and he held me tighter.

And so, we sat like that under the stars, embracing every moment we had.

"Jake, i-if it gets to a point where I can't make the decision, will you tell them to do it, to give it ago?" I said, hearing him take in a shaky breath.

"Yes, El's, I'll tell them." I heard him whisper.

And so I fell asleep, under the stars, the tiny little life sources shining above me, as I held onto mine.

My lifeline.

____

I legit wanted to cry writing this for some reason.

I know it's not that great, but I'll come back like a month after the books done and edit and improve and stuff, give my head some breathing room to look at it with different eyes.

I hope you liked it, and it's nearly the end guys there's only like six chapters left!?!?! Holy smokes. I never thought I would actually do it, and looking back it's actually a lot even though there's not that many chapters.

Kay. BYYYYAAAA.