NINE: I Wanted To Help Peter

*Edited*

(A/N: As of July 8th, 2015 this story is going through the editing phase. I made this a while ago, so the writing is horrendous. Also, for a while now I haven't been updating, but I will as soon as I finish editing all 21 chapters.)

Chapter Nine: I Wanted To Help Peter
-
-
-
I walked into the kitchen tiredly. I got the milk out of the fridge and some frosted flakes. I sat down at the breakfast table and turned on the TV to the news.

The girl on the TV was talking fast and panicky. "There have been reports of a criminal, they go by the name 'Array' they wear a grey suit and have red eyes. If you know anything about them, please contact the police department. She is a danger to our city. There have been 5 deaths and 10 injuries, including Spider-Man, so please help us." I spit out my milk in shock. She killed people?! I couldn't help but worry for Spider-Man, she wanted him dead! She wouldn't stop until it happened.

"Ugh, honey don't listen to that stuff, they're all just a bunch of freaks!" Mom said and rolled her eyes. "Mom, Spider-Man isn't a freak!" I said defending him. "He is, honey, if you ever have webs shoot out of your wrists, you're a freak." "He made them." I mutter. "What?" Mom asked. "He made web shooters, Spider-Man isn't a freak, he's a genius." "Whatever he is, he isn't safe, if you keep messing around with this spider guy, you'll be in danger, you need to stop being so involved with him."

"That reminds me of something-" I stopped for a minute, I got lost in though, the voice, his height, the kiss, his intelligence, how he was a danger to me and to everyone, and how he always came to school beat up.

I get it now. I finally get why he's been so secretive to everyone! Peter Parker is Spider-Man! It all started to make perfect sense. That shy photography nerd is secretly a super hero vigilante!

But he couldn't tell me that? Did he not trust me? It really hurt that Peter couldn't tell me that at all. It made me sad and disappointed...

I got out of the house and went walking to school. I got to Midtown and went to my locker. "Hey," Peter said. "I know." I mutter. "You know what?" he asked confused. "Y'know... I found out." He realized what I said and his face paled. I rushed to class and sat down. He went right next to me.

"Dani... I am so sorry, but I couldn't tell you. I wanted to, but I didn't because I wanted you safe. You know who is after me... it is dangerous." "But I want to help." my voice said and cracked. "I know you do, but it's better off this way." "I just don't want you to get hurt, remember her sword?" "Yes, sadly I do, but please Dani, leave me alone." Well that stung. I slumped back in my chair and listened to everything our science teacher was saying.

We left science and I went to math and we had a test, which I was totally prepared to fail. Now, it was PE, I really didn't want to see Violet, she kinda startled me. "Okay guys, today we are playing kickball! Our captains will be Zoe and Fiona!" We got our teams settled, I was on Zoe's team, which Violet wasn't on (thank the Lord).

Yeah, she killed us. As usual... The rest of the day was okay. But I couldn't stop thinking about Peter... I needed to help him. I don't care if he tells me not too. He can't do it alone!

I was running in track and saw him in the seats. I shook my head and smiled, he was so sweet. He always gave me his time, even though he's Spider-Man. I finished and went to him and sat down. "Hey you just want to stay here today?" I ask. "Uhh ok? Why?" "I don't know, I just don't feel like going yet."

"Well, I just wanted to say that I'm sor-" "No don't be sorry Peter, It's fine, I was just kinda disappointed..." "Well you have to understand that I did it for a reason." he said looking down sadly. "I know, but just tell me the whole story, I want to know everything about your life." "Really?" "I'm certain!"I say with clarity.He sighed.