TWENTY: Apologies

It's been a week. A whole week of me drowning in sorrow. I kept calling him but he just wouldn't answer.

I would never cheat, drunk or not. Never.

There was a knock on the door.

"Don't come in. I'm dead!" I yell softly. The door opened, my mom came in, despite my request not to.

"Mom, please. Just let me be." I groan. "Honey, I want to help you. I understand."

"No you don't. You don't understand what it's like to hurt when you don't have to, to be dumped for no reason. When you try to fix it but they don't realize how much you try. I didn't do anything wrong."

"Sweetie, I fully understand. Do you know how much I broke when your father wanted a divorce? I wanted to fix it, but he didn't think we could. I tried so so hard. It simply wasn't meant to be. I realized that."

"Do you still love him?" I asked.

"Of course I do. You never stop loving someone who was important, but you move on; people move on, and that's fine. It's life. You only have one chance at it. So you have to keep moving, and sometimes you have to leave people behind, even people you love." She said softly, and caring.

"Wow." was all I could say, "wow."

She gave me a soft smile and held my hand.

"I love you mom."

"I love you too honey, don't forget that." "I won't, I promise."

This was probably one of the most heartfelt conversations we have ever had. Y'know besides when I got cheated on.

"Will he believe me?" I ask. "You never know if you don't try."

I got what she was saying and smiled. She left the room and I changed into some better clothes. I did my makeup lightly, and put on my shoes. As I was about to leave, it started to rain. I groaned and got a jacket. I look outside again and it was pouring!

"Why?" I yell out frustrated, but I went out anyway, I was immediately soaked.

"Dani! What are you doing?" Mom said.

"I'm going to show I care. And I do so I don't care about the weather!" She smiled and ushered me to go.

I ran to his house and knocked on the door. Aunt May came out and she looked at me like I was crazy.

"Dani, for gods sake, what are you doing? It's pouring!"

"Where's Peter?" I asked.

"I'm right here," he said softly, no expression evident on his face. But his eyes showed one thing... hurt.

"Peter." I whispered.

"I'm gonna go.." Aunt May said and left.

"What do you want?"

"You, Peter. I want you. If I wanted Aaron I would've been with him a long time ago. We didn't do anything, I promise. I... I love you. I mean it. You know what I did today and all week? Nothing! I sulked around cause you thought I'd do that. It hurt me to think that you believed I would hurt you."

"Dani.. I." He paused.

"You know what? This was stupid. I'm sorry I wasted your time."

I start walking away.

"Dani wait!" I turn fast and he hugged me.

"I'm so sorry Dani, I'm such a dick. I believe you and I know you wouldn't do that. It was me overreacting. I trust you. I love you Dani, I do. I just feel really self conscious and I still don't understand why you would choose me."

I didn't know what to say. So I stood there, my mouth agape.

He smiled and gave me a kiss. I kissed back. We were both soaking wet cause of the rain. Wow,a kiss in the rain, how cliché.

"So does this mean you take me back?" I asked.

"Of course!" he laughed and picked me up, spinning me around, I giggled and laughed.

"We're gonna get so sick!"

"Who cares?" he laughed.

"True!" I laughed with him. He put me down and we held hands, walking into his house. Aunt May grabbed me a towel and wrapped it around me.

"Thank you Aunt May." I say gratefully.

"Oh, you're welcome honey."she smiled sweetly,  "I'm glad you two made up, he sulked around all week, you should have seen it!"

"You did?" I asked him.

"Uh yeah..." he nodded sheepishly.

"I did the same thing." I admit.

"Really?"

"Yup." I say popping the 'P'.

The rest of that day we sat watching TV and messing around.

I'm grateful I listened to my moms advice. She really did know what to say.

I got home and crashed into bed afterwards, I was so tired.

---

I woke up the next day, a smile on my face.

I got into the shower and quickly bathed. I put on some comfy clothes and then made a bowl of cereal. I also made toast and put some Nutella on it because I love Nutella.

"Hey sistah." Derrin greeted me.

"Hey brothah." I laugh.

"You seem happy... did you guys make up?" He asks. I nodded,"Yeah."

"Finally! You were such a loser when you were like that."

I put a hand over my heart, "hurtful."

"Just being honest," he laughed. "A little too honest, if I do say so myself..." I muttered.

"So, Dani, you wanna go somewhere with me today?"

"Sure, where?" I ask.

"Uh, I don't know we could go to like McDonalds or something?"

"Hmm how...classy." "The classiest!" he laughed.

I shook my head and he skipped off into his room. He's so weird, I love it. I love my annoying little brother.

(A/N: IM SO FUDGING SORRY DIS SO SHORT!!!I ran out of ideasssssss!Im so sorry about the lack of updates.So much has been going on aha.But that's no excuse!Lol anyway chapter 20 is so short I feel bad.Hopefully I can make chapter 21 longer we'll see ;o )