TEN: So Much Trouble

*Edited*

(A/N: As of July 8th, 2015 this story is going through the editing phase. I made this a while ago, so the writing is horrendous. Also, for a while now I haven't been updating, but I will as soon as I finish editing all 21 chapters.)

Chapter Ten: So Much Trouble
-
-
-
I was following Peter, who was in his Spider-Man costume, swinging from the buildings, I made sure he didn't see me.

There was police cars going to Times Square. I followed all the noises, which was probably stupid of me but I just felt like helping. I come to see Array and she is holding people at gunpoint. "I will not stop unless Spider-Man comes!" she said with an evil laugh.

I look and see people on the floor. They looked... dead. She had shot them. I was backing away cautiously, I was beyond scared of her. Then I stepped on something and it made a loud snap. She looked my direction and dropped the person from her grasp.

"Well well, if it isn't little Dani, the girl Spider-Man loves!" she cackled. I kept stepping away backwards slowly and cautiously,  while she was stepping closer towards me.

"Leave her out of this!" Peter yelled. Me and Array both look up and see him. "Aww, look it's Spider-Man. Coming to save the day? Well Bug boy, you won't!" Instead of trying to fight him she took a hold of me and ran away with me. I started kicking but it was no use. "Try to save her this time!" she yelled. "HEY!" Spider-Man screamed going as fast as he could, but she was much faster. "Please don't do this!" I cried, "What'd he ever do to you?"

"What'd he do to me? You wanna know what he did to me?! He didn't save my brother, MY brother. He was a good guy, he was hurt and you know what Spider-Man did? He looked the other way! He didn't even do anything! So stop thinking this guy is so perfect..." she spat.

When she said that, I suddenly knew who she was. "Like you're so perfect, you killed all those people! For what? Revenge?And what are you going to do to me? Are you going to kill me too? Does killing innocent people make you happy?" "I'm not going to kill you, I am just going to make him suffer, he doesn't get the girl he loves, but tell me,who is he? Under the mask? I'm sure you know." "No, I don't..."I gulped.

"Hmm, very well, but just know, I'm not letting you off easy, Spider-Man will pay for what he's done. The first step is you."

"Well the thing about you Array is you're predictable, I already know who you are, what you're planning to do, it's not going to work, the good guys always win!" I say. "You don't know who I am!" she laughed. "Yeah, I know exactly who you are, you're-"

PETER'S POV:(yay!)

I tried to swing faster but I just couldn't. Array was fast and I wasn't as fast as her. I was scared of what would happen. If Danielle had just listened to me, this wouldn't have happen.

"Dani!" I called out. I was swinging, but I lost them. I felt like crying. What would she do to Dani?! I couldn't let her get hurt.

I looked in the distance but I couldn't see them. I went down to the ground and sat on the bench in defeat... what would happen to her?! I started to cry, call me a baby, I don't care... it's all my fault, if she didn't know I was Spider-Man... she wouldn't have even followed me. Why did everything have to be so freaking complicated?! I put my head in my hands and stayed there.

"Are you ok?" a voice said. I look up and see Gwen. "Gwen..." I whispered, looking down. "Hey, look at me! What's wrong?" she said lifting up my face to meet hers, though she couldn't see how much pain was on my face. She took of my mask and looked at me cautiously, "Petey, what's wrong?" "S-s-he... she took D-Dani..." I stutter. "Who took Dani?" "Array." I said. Her eyes widened, she gasped and covered her mouth.

"Where'd she take her?!" "If I knew, don't you think I would be going?" I hissed, she flinched at my anger, "Sorry." I apologized. "It's okay Peter, I know you're upset, we need to find her though." "You can't help me Gwen." "Why not?!" "It's too dangerous, please just stay." "No, I am not going to sit here, when I can go out and help you." "Yeah Dani said the same thing, now we're in this mess..."

"Just let me go with you." she said. "No, no,no, no!" "Well I'm going anyway!" she smiled cheekily. I sighed in defeat and nodded, "Just don't get into too much trouble." "I won't!" she said and hugged me. I shook my head, I was just really into stubborn girls huh? They never listened to me when I knew what was best for them.

DANI'S POV:

I was tied up to a chair and there was duct tape on my mouth, I was thrashing my body furiously, I wanted to go home to my mom. Why did I have to be so stubborn? I could have been home right now eating a bean and cheese burrito... But then I thought, if I didn't go, it might've been Peter here. Rather me then him. He actually has something to live for, he's Spider-Man! But most importantly, he's Peter.

I was scared to death for him, I know I should be scared for myself but I can't be, I just care how he's doing right now. I just hope he doesn't come, I want him to be safe from this freak. I can't believe she'd do this.

She came into the room I was in.. "Ahh, Danielle, how are you doing?" she cackled.

I mumbled because of the duct tape and she ripped it off, "Y'know I'm doing fine, but'd it be excellent if I was not tied up, and if I was away from you!"I fake smile.

"Well it will never happen, not unless Spider-Man is dead!" "What is revenge going to do? Would your brother want you to be a murderer? Would he want you to hold an innocent girl hostage? Would he want you to get so caught up in revenge, that you lose yourself?" She didn't talk for a second, "MY brother is none of YOUR business!" she hissed. "I think it is, since he's why I'm tied up!"

"Spider-Man is why you're tied up here, don't blame my brother." "If you should blame anyone for the death of your brother, blame Dr.Connors, he's the reason, not pe... Spider-Man!" "What were you about to say?" she asked with raised eyebrows. "What?" "You were about to say something and you stopped." "I don't know what you're-" "I think you were about to say who he was." "No..."I lied, "I was going to say, not people who didn't do it, then I said Spider-Man instead..." I say. "Very well Dani, but I know you know who he is." She walked away and left me tied up. I fell asleep shortly after.

PETER'S POV:

We had spent all that time walking around, looking for clues. Gwen sighed and spoke up, "Peter, it's getting really late, I have to go." I nodded, "Ok, I understand. Thanks for helping me." She gave a soft smile, "I'm sorry we couldn't find her tonight." "It's fine Gwen, we'll find her." We walked in silence for a while.

"Do you love her?" Gwen blurted. I looked at her and was red. "Honestly, I do,she's an amazing person. She doesn't think that about herself though. She thinks she is stupid and I don't get why. What's funny is she didn't even know me at all, but we instantly clicked. But we can't ever date, tonight just proved to me that I'm a danger to her." to be honest,it's kind of awkward to talk about the girl you love with your ex.

"Peter, you love her, why don't you take a chance?" "I can't Gwen, you know what happened when I dated you. And she got kidnapped because of me. I cannot live with myself at all."

"I honestly don't give a crap Peter, you love her and she loves you, so stop talking about the past." "I want to! But she is still in danger right at this moment because I had to be bit by a stupid spider." 

We got to her house and I said goodbye and went to my home. I sneaked in and got to my room, I didn't want Aunt May to see me as Spider-Man. I didn't go to sleep that night, I couldn't. Dani was in danger all because of me.

Why did I have to cause so much trouble for the ones I loved the most?