「11」

Chapter Eleven: The Meaning of the World

"It hurts..." Naoi said, wondering about the deep wound in his chest. Footsteps are echoing in the building; Juuzou was running. She then got slipped on the wet part which made her stop from running. One of her ribbon pigtails loosen and flew. It landed at a few distance away from her. She panted while she was laying down the floor. She opened and turned her eyes at the ribbon in the front of her.

"A-Aya-chan..." She muttered as she tried reaching out for the ribbon. Her body hurtled. Her hand didn't reached the point. She rested for a few seconds before she started standing up slowly and reached out for her ribbon. She stared at it with an anxiety.

~~~

"Kirishima-san... Thank you, but..." Yuri hung her head, the rain was slowly stopping. Ayato looked down to her and unwrapped the arms around her. He always knew what she will say through her actions.

"It's alright... I knew." He just said, the girl gasped slightly and lifted her head. She stared at him while he was looking in the other way. His fists are loosening.

"You knew...?" Yuri tilted her head a little, waiting for him to speak. They stood there silently. The flowers at the tree behind them blooms, the wind blows hard as their hair was moving along the wind.

"Naoi – You liked him, didn't you?" Kirishima said and stared at her. The girl's eyes widened. "It's alright..." He just said, leaving the girl stood there alone with a realization.

Ayato walked forwards the hallway, his hands on his pockets, gazing around silently. He passed to the hallway where Juuzou was in earlier. He was finding her as he walk towards to her room. He stared at the room not knowing what to do; if he's going to knock or what.

"Juuzou...?" He called the girl. While the girl was leaning against the door, sitting while staring at the ribbon lace on her hand. She remained silent. Ayato sighed as he, too, leaned his back on the door. He started worrying for her.

~~~

"Alright, everyone...We'll be going for our second fight." Naoi just said awkwardly, the day after the day that everything was revealed wasn't the same as the days have past. It became awkward now that Ayato and Juuzou knew about their love one's feelings was revealed.

They began to walk awkwardly forwards to the door they entered last fight. No one was speaking during the long trip. They all remained silence till they reached the door. Naoi grabbed the doorknob and was about to open it but got stopped by the voice of an anonymous boy. They all turned to him.

"All of you, still don't know about this world, don't you?" The guy said with his arms crossed, standing. "What are you talking about?" Naoi just said and removed his hand on the doorknob. He waited for him to speak.

"Being stuck in a world like this, it's so bad, isn't it? After all, all of you wanted to die, due to your unhappy lives in your life. And so, you all was forced to play this game and die." He said and shut his eyes. He walk in the front of them and covered up the way to the door.

"Then it means...!" Juuzou gasped out loud. The black haired-male nodded his head.

"Yes. It means you all are dead, as you wished for. This game is created for those people who wanted to die. So, they will enter this world and realize that being alive is a blessing. Actually, the true genre of this world is about..." The man said.

"About what?!" Ayato said.

"Love."

"Love?!" Everyone muttered.

"Yes, all of you will be strong ones you have loved the true pair for you. And he/she must love you back and your life will be fulfilled. Do you see the hearts at your sight? There's two halves, one whole and one lifeless or a no-hearted. It's 4 that's why we can say that it's based on your allies." He said seriously with a tone that kills everyone in their mind.

"He's right! So that means..." Naoi just said. Yuri started shivering, her fists are forming.

"The important condition of this world is the two halves must love one another; as the one whole hearted and one no-hearted ones must love each other, too, so the cycle will be completed. One of you is the powerful, he/she will be the last one standing in the battle. Let's say, all of you will vanish away, you all will serve and offer your hearts or lives to the powerful ones. But before that, you must follow the condition. Anyone of you may be the powerful, even a half, or a no-hearted can be powerful. And after all, you can't win the fight without following the condition, you'll die repeatedly if you didn't follow it. The powerful ones will be the one, who will finish everything." He sighed and breathed for air. Ayato thought for a moment.

"Naoi must be the one who's powerful." He whispered.

"Don't you know? The author created this game for those people who died with their unfulfilled lives. There's the most important point why the creator of the game made this kind of game... and you should know it whenever you understand me clearly." The boy said with his eyes narrowed. Those words made the three blink.

"And what's surprising is that the author was one of your members right now. But... she entered this without even one memory on her mind. And, the only thing she knows was to accomplish her mission." He continued which startled everyone. Yuri's heart raced. Having no idea how she felt so much anxious.

"Could it be...?" Juuzou said. Yuri just stood silently and hung her head.

"Then... everything will be revealed at this moment..." Naoi said with a deep voice, his fists are forming. The rest of the allies glanced at him.

"Shut up, shut up! Stop telling a lie on us!" Naoi snapped, his eyes are turning red which startled everyone. He was supposed to attack the man but Juuzou and Ayato stopped him in different ways, the man just stood there calmly.

"I'm telling no lies." He said. Naoi glanced at Yuri who was shivering.

"Yuri... She was the creator of the game."

Next Time: The Moment of Realization