Remind Me

My mind couldn't rest. I was full of doubt. I couldn't help but have a pit in my stomach. Like my body was trying to tell me, that I was going to regret my choices.

But no matter how much I contemplated going, I knew deep down, it needed to happen if I really wanted to feel, better. I knew if I did move, that I would be free of the loneliness I was feeling inside. I had to find myself.

-

-

When I got up, Tom was in the kitchen. His eyes lit up when he saw my face. I loved that about him.

"Good morning sweetheart." He said.

I smiled and sat beside him. "Good morning."

He had been on the lap top. I glanced over at the screen. "What are you doing?"

He smiled and continued typing. "I'm just looking, to see if there were any houses for sale in London."

I sighed. Although I didn't mean for him to hear me, he did.

He looked at me. "What's wrong?"

I shook my head. "Nothing. Its nothing."

He leaned in close to me. "Jess, you know you can tell me anything. What's the matter?"

I closed my eyes, maybe it would be better to see the words in my mind, before saying them. It didn't help, I looked back at him. "I'm okay. Its just, I'm scared."

He turned his whole body to face me. "Scared of what?"

I didn't know what to say. "Everything. Moving, Being a parent to twins, its so terrifying."

He nodded. "I'm scared too. For those exact reasons. Its all, so unexpected. But that's just our way of doing things, Jessica. Ever since we've met, everything we do is unexpected, and crazy. That's why I love you. And I'm here for you. I am ready, if you are ready."

I wrapped my arms around his body. He said everything I needed to hear. He may have been just as scared as I was, but that is what made me realize, this was our journey. I wasn't going to be alone anymore. I had to remember that. "I'm ready."

He hugged me back. He let his head fall into the crease of my neck. Then he whispered. "What would I do without you?"

I smiled and whispered back. "I'd like to ask you the same question."

We sat there for a moment, embracing one another. I remembered what he said. Then I said his name. "Tom?"

He lifted his head and looked at me. "Yeah?"

I looked down to my feet. "What if we forget, about how much we need each other?"

He thought for a second, and then smiled reassuringly. "Then we will remind each other. I will remind you, when you forget, and you will remind me, when I forget. This way, we will always know how much we mean to each other."

I looked into his eyes, and grinned. "Do you promise to remind me?"

He laughed. "I cross my heart."

Its really hard trying to write this! Much more difficult than 'Unexpected' ... but I am trying:) I hope you guys like it so far! I'm on summer vacation now! so I will be updating more!!!!! thanks for reading, commenting and voting! you guys are the best!