Packed Away Safe

I still couldn't wrap my head around the fact that I was leaving my home town. I was so happy for this change, and this new start. I was actually ready. More ready than anything, I'd have Tom and our new family.

I just didn't want to pack. Going through Alexis and Tara's rooms, was going to be emotional. I was sick of feeling that pit in my stomach, every time I saw a picture or smelt their scent. My heart knows their gone, but my mind keeps seeing them, right in front of me. Its confusing. Missing them was just too hard for me.

-

-

I twisted the doorknob and pushed the door open. My heart fell. I sighed and looked down at the empty packing box.

Tom gracefully shut the door again. "Maybe you should pack the kitchen, I'll do Alexis' room."

I took a deep breath and smiled. "No its okay. I can do this. Just, stay with me, I feel like if I go in there by myself, I won't want to pack it up. I won't want to leave."

He grinned and picked up the box. "Of course I'll stay."

He opened the door. And we started. We packed away Alexis' things in different boxes. Her clothes were being donated. It was depressing to me that, all of the clothes we shopped for together, were gone, just like that.

Her notes, and pictures, we staying with me. The box was full of things that I couldn't let go of. I didn't intend on having an empty box.

Tara's room, was just as bad. I kept on finding things that brought back memories. Good and bad.

As I was going through her desk, I found the letter I got from her for my birthday, the letter that lead me to London, and to Tom. I called Tom over and showed him the letter.

I read it out loud.
Tara's Letter to Jessica: "Happy 25th Birthday Sis! You're old! Haha, well I love so much and I hope you like what I got you! Let's spend your 25th birthday, in a fun way! 3 tickets to London England! Me, You, and Lexi! Xoxo -Tara

As I read it, I cried. Then I looked to Tom. "This is the letter that started it all. My life would be so different right now, if it weren't for this letter, with out you, It would be so empty. This letter, Tara, Alexis, Kate, You. My saviors."

Tom wiped my tears off my face and kissed my forehead. "And each and every one of your saviors, will be here for you. Even if they are as far away as heaven, or as far away as California, or as far away as the kitchen. You will always have your saviors. Don't forget that."

I rested my head on his chest. "I won't ever forget it, as long as you stay with me."

He hugged me. "I'll always stay with you. I'll always be here, even if you don't want me here, you got me."

-

-

The hardest part was over. Tom helped me through it. Thankfully. I seriously couldn't have done it, without his motivation and reassurance.

Everything was packed away and ready to go.

We were leaving for London in 1 day. 24 more hours.

I sat by Tom on the couch. "Wow. The house has never looked this bare before."

He put his arm around me. "Is that a good, or a bad thing?"

I smiled. "It depends."

He looked at me. "On what?"

"It depends on how London is going to be. I don't want to move out of my home, if my new home isn't going to be as comforting." I said.

He thought for a moment, then spoke. "I understand. It is a big move, and it could make or break us, but I think its a risk worth taking. Let's try and make it a good thing that you're moving out of here. Because I really believe it is."

I grinned. "How do you always know the right things to say?"

He kissed my lips. "Because I love you enough to find the right words."

-

-

Tom and I couldn't sleep. It seemed like we could never sleep, the night before a big day. Kind of like the night before our wedding.

Tom read my mind. "Hey Jess, remember the night before our wedding? We were so restless that we stayed up all night together?"

I smiled. "I remember it like it was yesterday."

Then he said the two words that i will always remember.

He sat up in our bed and grinned. "Remind me?"

He told me that when we ever forgot how much we meant to each other, we would remind each other.

He wanted me to remind him of that night, on the cliff. I smiled. "Let's go."

We drove through the town and up to the cliff. Flashbacks of Tom and I played in my head.

When we got there, he laid out a blanket and we sat, looking out at the midnight sky, the moon was set high above us.

He got up quick. "I almost forgot."

He ran to the car, a few feet away, and took out a radio. He put on a slow tune and put his hand out in front of me. "May I have this dance, Mrs. Hiddleston."

I giggled at his gesture. "Of course you can, Mr. Hiddleston."

We swayed in the headlights of the car, underneath the stars in the sky. There was nothing more romantic. I never wanted to let go, of Tom, of the feeling I had when I was with him. If I could pause time, I would have.

He whispered softly in my ear. "Thank you, for reminding me."

I wrapped my arms around him. "Its good sometimes, to be reminded."

As we danced to the soothing music, a thought came across my mind. "Tom, this will be the last time, that we will dance on this cliff."

He smiled. "Yes, possibly. But good things end, so better things can start. And who knows? Maybe fate will bring us back here, in the future."

"I love you." I whispered.

"I love you too sweetheart."

So right now, its 4 in the morning (where I am) and I can't sleep, so I began to write. Here is the outcome! hope you liked this part!