Talk

I lay in the bed, which wasn't ours anymore. It was just... a bed.

I sat, staring at the ceiling, thinking. I wasn't crying. I was just, tired.

And it wasn't physical. It was mental exhaustion. I was sick of thinking. I was sick of crying. I just wanted someone.

I wanted Tom.

There was no other way to put it. I missed him, I wanted him to come back. I was praying that he would call.

I called him 3 times. He never answered. He really meant what he said in the letter. That letter, that I read over and over again. Trying to understand it. Trying to let the idea into my mind. He doesn't want to be with me. He doesn't want to be my husband. He is done. He is done hurting me.

But the thing he doesn't understand, is that he hurt me most, when he left.

I needed to leave this house. But where do I go?

I got up and left the house. I didn't think, I just drove, to the only place I knew... the cliff. Our new spot, just outside of the city. Well, it wasn't ours anymore.

I walked out, and looked over to the scenery. The sky was a light pink, the sun was just setting. All I could think of, was the night with Tom. I will no longer dance with him here. I will no longer be able to hold him.

I wonder if he is thinking the same thoughts. I wonder if he missed me, as much as I missed him. Did he come here, and visit the cliff? Did he care?

I didn't realize, I was crying. I think it was the fact that I knew... he didn't care. If he cared, we wouldn't have gotten in that fight, he wouldn't have had to leave.

-

-

I needed sleep. But I couldn't. Every time I closed my eyes, I'd see him. I'd hear him.What do I need? I need a friend. I need... Kate.

I got up quick and ran to my phone, hoping she'd pick up.

"Hello?" She answered.

When I heard her comforting voice, a tear ran down my cheek. "Kate? He left. He's gone."

"What? What are you talking about Jess? Are you okay? Are you crying?" She asked, obviously worried.

"Tom left me. He said he was done. He is done hurting me." I cried.

"Oh Jessica." She said, sadly.

I told her the whole story. Pouring out my feelings right through the phone. She listened the whole time.

I sighed. "I just, don't know if I'm strong enough to do this alone."

"Jess, you are very strong. You can do this."

As she spoke. My tears flowed. "Kate, what if I can't do it...? What if I can't be a single mother? I can't..."

Kate interrupted me. "Jessica, I'm going to ask you something... What would Alexis say, if she heard you giving up on yourself? What about Tara? Think about that."

When I heard their names, when I heard the question... I felt as if I was slapped in the face. Like all i needed to hear, was in that question. Kate was right.

Alexis and Tara would HATE if I gave up. I pushed Alexis to be a fighter, I've never let Tara put herself down... why would it be fair to give up on myself? I wiped my tears. "You're right Kate."

Her sweet voice came over the phone. "I know I'm right. And remember. You are strong. I'll be here for you. I'll talk to you every day. I'll make you laugh, when you want to cry. You're my best friend, and I know you'll be okay."

I sighed. "Thanks Kate, I needed that. I miss you."

"I miss you too. I'm glad you called me. I'm glad I helped you." she said.

We talked the whole night. She didn't mind, and neither did I.

For a moment, I was beginning to think about something other than Tom.

-

-

When we hung up. I didn't sleep. I went to the living room, and grabbed the baby furniture. All of the furniture that we didn't put together.

I did it. Every piece. I put every piece together. I knew that if I did that, It would keep my mind of of him. Who says a woman can't do a man's job?

I'm strong. I kept reminding myself. He may not be here, but I'll be okay.

It may have been the hardest task I've ever done, getting over someone. Especially someone who is that important to you.

It was way harder than putting a crib together... that's for sure.

Its official! I will be meeting Tom Hiddleston! There may not be a #Tomica but... #Tomley is going to happen. Lol thanks again for the votes, keep commenting! tell your friends about the stories! Use the hash tags #UnexpectedTomFanFic and #UnpredicatableSequel :) as always, love you all. x.Ashley