Ending

I had been writing all day, so it felt good to finally lay in bed and rest. Rest my body AND my mind.

It was odd not having Tom by my side. I missed it. I missed him. Only a week, I kept on reminding myself.

-

-

When morning hit, I was... not happy. I was scared. I began having sharp pains in my stomach. What was happening?

When the pain persisted, I tried calling Tom. He was on set for his movie, but surly he'd answer... he didn't.

I called and called. I was in panic.

I finally drove myself to the hospital. I kept calling Tom while I sat in the hospital. I felt as if this was it...

I think I was in labor.

Why wasn't he answering? I needed him.

The pain grew even more sharp and continuous. I felt as if I was dying.

The doctors had me waiting. I was alone. No one. No comfort. Nothing. Just me, and all my worries.

What if something was wrong with the babies? What if I really was in labor? Where was Tom? I needed these questions answered.

-

-

The doctor finally walked in. "Good morning Mrs. Hiddleston, Is Mr. Hiddleston going to be joining us today?"

I sighed and glanced over to my phone, he hasn't called. "No."

He nodded. "Okay, I understand you've been having pains in the stomach area, is that right?"

I sat up and watched as my doctor came in and sat down. "Yes, It is really sharp. Is everything alright? Am I in labor?"

The doctor kept moving, as if he could sit still, moving his arms as he spoke. "Everything is fine, your babies are healthy, and you are not in labor. Just some minor contractions, very normal. In fact, they will come and go but you are free to go home. Just try to relax. Can you do that?"

I sighed with relief. "Yes, I can definitely do that, thank you so much."

The fact that it was a false alarm, was both relieving, and depressing. I just wanted to see my babies, but I also wanted Tom to see them too.

I was beyond angry at Tom.

-

-

When I got back home, the pain was finally going away. Thank god.

I pulled up to the house and saw Tom. He was standing at the door to the house. Probably confused when he saw me in the car.

I walked passed him and opened the door to the house, I dropped my purse on the counter and looked back to Tom. "Where were you?"

He closed the door behind us. "Good morning to you too. And what do you mean? I was at work. I was here to see if you wanted to get lunch, I was surprising you."

"Tom, I called you 8 times! You never thought that maybe it might be an emergency?" I said angrily.

"No, I told you Jess, you need to leave me voice messages. Why..Where were you?"

"I didn't have time to leave you a voice message! I was at the hospital with stomach pains, I thought I was in labor." I snapped.

Tom raised his voice over mine. "Jessica what did you want me to do, I was shooting the movie! How was I supposed to know it was an emergency? Let be thankful it wasn't the real thing and move on!"

"What if I had really been in labor? You'd miss your babies birth for a movie?!" I was scolding. "You know what i wanted you to do, I wanted you to be there for me when I needed you most! Tell me Tom, what's more important? Your job, or your wife?" I asked.

"Obviously you mean the world to me." He answered.

I shook my head. "Well you sure had an odd way of showing it today!"

"That's enough! I'm sick of arguing with you Jessica, I'm done!"

That was the first time Tom has ever gotten angry with me. And I was shocked. I've never heard him scream.

I looked at him. My loud voice went quiet. "What are you done with, Tom?"

He didn't answer. He had a blank expression on his face. I had never seen him this way. For the first time... ever, Toms eyes didn't glow when he looked at me, his face didn't brighten, his smile was non existent. Who was this man? I watched him fade away. Everything about him changed. The way he used to look at me, was gone.

I wanted to cry. Was he done with me? Was he done with...us?

In that moment of silence, I got my answer. As he stood there speechless, I heard one thing... goodbye.

I walked out of the house. I never said anything, I just left. I was confused, and shocked, and hurt beyond belief. Toms words have never hurt me. How could he do this.

I kept walking. And when I got the courage to look back, the saddest part was.. he wasn't chasing after me. He let me go. He just let me leave.

I felt like I was dreaming. But I wasn't, this was reality. A reality that I was too scared to come to grips with.

Forever and always was our thing. And it meant everything to me. Forever and always meant, a whole lifetime and more.

Now, Tom just made it so... forever and always, had an ending.

#Tomica </3 See what happens tomorrow! Updating soon! x.Ashley p.s sorry for this:(