Chapter 8

________

S U N F L O W E R

(n.) a tall plant that has very large yellow flowers and that produces seeds which can be eaten

________

Camila Cabello

° ° °

Dinah: (Well that's a very good news Mila. Can't wait to see you guys next week, anyway I need to go and don't you dare forget to update me. I missed you guys!)

Me: (Nah, how can I forget your annoying ass?)

Dinah: (Alright, you are so going to tell me everything about this Lara of yours)

Me: (She's not mine. Shut up! Don't give me ideas!)

Dinah: (Okay, okay calm your lil tits. See you soonest Chanco. Bye love you!")

Me: (Yes! Love you too. Buh-bye) I ended the call.

She's in France for her long awaited holiday. We were talking about things, I've also told her about Lara and how cool she is and she's already eager to meet her. All of our other friends were also busy the past few weeks and we so need to get together real soon. Shawn was into some Brazilian businesswoman he met at a business convention he attended so he's basically MIA, Mani's busy covering up for Dinah since the latter went to France, and Ally's visiting her parents in Texas. So I'm pretty much spending most of my weekdays at the studio.

Good thing is that Lara and I spend more days together since her enrollment to my dance classes, we became good friends right of the bat. She's really easy to talk to, it's like we've known each other forever, always full of humor but with insightful options. We reek deep conversations, coffee table books, art galleries and vinyls. We're old souls as she said. We yearn for pieces and relics of the past as if we were born on all of those years. She's really good with words and how she deliver them, well what can I say to a literature major right?.

It's been a month since I've known her and we're nearing on the last parts of her session and her progress was great, she really showed me that she's putting her heart into things she do which inspired me to be a better instructor.

She makes me feel so alive and I crave her attention even more. I feel so connected with her because she can actually finish my sentences, she knows exactly what to do when I'm stressed at work and sometimes she seems to be able to read my mind, but we're not really sure on what to call our relationship for now.

I'm scared too, because Lauren's still lurking in the back of my mind.

All my thoughts goes out to her nowadays, but I am sometimes gets hit by the fact that I am starting to feel like I was cheating on Lauren with Lara. God knows how weird I feel about it and every time Lauren would pop out from my mind out of nowhere I just cringe at the thought.

I was at my office when I heard a soft knock on the door.

"Come in" I said.

"Camila, Lara is looking for you" Sandra said with a meaningful smile.

We've been like this for the past month, she would just drop by unannounced, most of the time bringing foods, other times she would just watch me teach my class and sometimes she would drag me out right away. Every time she's hear is a surprise I am yet to unravel which really excites me.