Chapter 9

________

H A L F W A Y

(adj.) in the middle between two points

________

Camila Cabello

° ° °

My alarm goes off two hours after I was actually able to sleep, so I haven't really had the chance to rest at all. I woke up still tired and still feeling the dull ache I felt in the ball of my stomach since she left me yesterday without looking back.

My mind was filled with almost all the lovable images of her. The way her hair falls in between her eyes and above her nose. The way she wet her lower lip which always ends up with her biting them. The way she thinks about stuff when we're engrossed with our conversations. The soft frown etched on her eyebrows while she digest news information and all my sarcastic and corny jokes and the playful way she held me that's forever  tainted to the whole of being even if she's not around I could feel her.

I draged myself out of the bed almost crawling and stumbling to the shower, I can't feel my arms or legs, I can't feel my heart beat at all. The touch of the cold water against my skin startled me realizing it's Thursday.

I haven't moved on from the roller coaster of emotions I had yesterday and my shameless declaration of love to someone who's not even thinking the same about me.

Oh my god Camila! Where is all of this coming from? You've had a series of relationships before and you always know when to get out. You're always sure of yourself but what's happening to you right now?

What's with her???

The half of me who's keeping me sane scolded me, while the other side of me is really tearing me with the truths I can't fathom.

Can you blame me? Can you tell me she's not worth it? When all this time we thought she's into me, that we're contented?!

I let out another silent cry before I get out of the shower letting the cold shower wash away my tears. Hoping it could wash away the seal she had in every part of me, so that the after taste of our ruined friendship would also go down the drain.

Here I am getting ready for work even though I don't have any idea if she's coming later for her session. She hasn't called or texted me or even replied to my messages since yesterday. But what can I do, I have other classes and they paid for my service too. So with all the strength I have left I drove to the dance studio. The funny thing is I am already expecting to see her in front of it, with her signature pose and winning smile. But the parking in front of the establishment was empty like my stomach.

After parking my car, I checked on my phone for any messages or missed calls and there was one missed call from my mom, two messages from my dad and one message from Dinah, but there was none from her. I put my phone in my bag and got out of the car. Sandra was already at the reception area when she saw me, she smiled and asked me if 'how was the day out with Lara went?'  But then I am not in the mood as you can tell, so I just smiled back and went straight to my office.

I spent the whole day teaching repetitive and interpretative steps to youngsters with Taylor when she approached and told me to rest because I look pale. I did what she offered since I'm feeling out of beat.

Time passed and it was already 4 pm, the magic hour wherein a Ducati, or a Dodge Challenger or a  black Wrangler Jeep would roll in gallantly and park just in front of the studio and the mighty Lara Juaregui would hop out all smiles. But it's now half past 4 pm and there's no Lara.