Chapter 18

________

A F T E R

(n.) at a time following (something or someone) : later than (something or someone)

The Morning After

________

Author's

° ° °

Filtered rays of the morning sun was slipping from the glass window and through the gap on the blinds of Camila's room, spreading radiance and heat to the cold and empty space it was the night before.

She was awakened by the streak of light aimed directly to her tears-stained face, she didn't want to get up. She didn't want to wake up at all after the life threatening assault by Ally's cousin. The sudden appearance and eloquent bravery Lara did to save her; which weirdly expected, even if she has no idea where Lara came from before she found her, and how did she find her when they didn't have any contact with each other for the past months.

The only momentous, simple and salient truth was, Lara found her. And the vagueness of the raven haired woman's actions sent rippled waves of butterflies at the pit of her stomach. Lara still have this effect on the little brunette, only present with the connection they have.

Past is past. Camila would gladly move on right away after a broken relationship whether it be a mutual decision or not. She's not the sulking type of person who'd dramatically go on the stages of acceptance just get over someone.

But that side of her was changed. She flipped for Lara. And now as much as she doesn't want to grasp the truth that she can't let Lara go, that she can't really move on from her, yet she's confronted by it so much that it's lurking inside her closet silently breathing, waiting for the breaking point and she's haunted by the monsters of her feelings that she's badly trying to sweep under her bed.

Her head felt like it's about to crack when she tried to open her eyes, grunting and covering her face with pillows trying to release all her angst at the poor thing. She didn't know her pillow-restraint let out was loud enough to be heard outside her room, which sent Dinah rushing to her aid.

"Mila? What is it? Are you okay?"

"You stayed..." Camila answered while scooting on her bed trying to push herself to seat.

"Yeah, I did."

"Because Lara told you? Have you been in constant contact with her Dinah? What's with all that's happened last night? How did she find me?" She bumbardedly asked.

"What are you saying? It's just I can't reach you last night when you didn't show up at dinner and I came here looking for you but were nowhere to be found. I was worried sick Mila, so I called Sandra and she gave me Lara's number. And I don't know how she found you." She sarcastically answered.

"Sorry, I just... nevermind..." Camila surrendered burying her face to the pillow once again.

"You really need to get up. You have sessions today."

"I'm not in the mood Cheechee." Camila groaned at her.

"Well you don't have a say on that, because your students paid for your service."