Chapter 19

________

M E E T

(v.) to see and speak to (someone) for the first time : to be introduced to or become acquainted with (someone)

________

Lauren Jauregui / Lara

° ° °

Camila's recovery from the dreaded incident was quicker than I thought it would be. She no longer shakes involuntarily when she's sleeping, no longer weep at the thought and she no longer thinks that she's not worthy of me. She's becoming Camila again. My sweet, stubborn, cheerful and endearing Camz.

I am hosting a dinner party for us with her friends since I didn't showed up the last time they invited me. Camila also made sure that I am driving with her to the dinner because she don't want me disappearing again.

"I'm not going to the dinner on my own. You need to drive me there." She commanded.

We're at some cafe near her studio and I was making some phone calls for reservation, I looked at her funny because she look and sound so cute when she's demanding about something like an eight year old.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" She said raising an eyebrow.

"What look? I was just appreciating the view from where I am now." I said winking.

As usual she blushed, she still does. Like always.

"Where would they want to eat by the way?" I asked while searching on Google and slowly taking her hand in mine.

"Anywhere would be fine, I know they wouldn't say no at anything you offer."

"Okay then." I answered knowing exactly where to go.

Our dinner reservation is not until nine in the evening and since it's Sunday, I decided to come by Camila's place as early as nine in the morning.

I can see that she's quietly pleased to see me.

"You ready?" I greeted her.

"You are 12 hours early."

"Oh you counted?" I said raising an eyebrow before playfully carrying her inside her unit.

The place was suddenly filled with her effervescent laughter, she slipped away from me running around while dancing and singing.

"What's with all this Camz?" I asked teasing her.

"Is it wrong to be this happy seeing the love of my life?"

She suddenly stopped what she's doing and walked towards me, putting a hand on my cheek.

"I heart you." She whispered with a shy smile.

"Is that a loser language for I love you?" She pouted and turned her back on me.

I then seized her from behind burying my face on her hair, taking in the sweet scent of old wood and lavender her favorite shampoo.

"I heart you too." Hearing her chuckled was enough reason for me to be whipped. We stayed like that for a few more minutes like we hold time in our hands.

We spent the rest of the day eating and watching her favorite American series; Orange is the New Black.

At seven in the evening we're already on our way to 'La Casa Boestra', I decided to make a reservation at my parents favorite restaurant before.