Chapter 24

________

T H I R D P A R T Y

(n.) someone who is not one of the two main people involved in a legal agreement but who is still affected by it in some way

________

Camila Cabello

° ° °

I silently flushed down the lump on my throat and the hurt I am feeling with the now luke warm coffee delivered by the room service. I kept silent until Lara woke up, she immediately greeted me with a kiss while giving me a back hug, but I was not in the mood to reciprocate all the affection she's giving me.

I know everyone who decides to love or to be in a relationship does experience what I am experiencing right now; the feeling of doubt, the feeling of betrayal. This is no exception. But then it cuts me deep to know that we're not exempted from anything like this, because for one moment I thought we're invincible. For one moment I thought we're iridescent; we're meant to be.

"Hey, you okay love? You're too quiet..." she asked as we finished the rest of our breakfast at the terrace.

"Yeah. I'm just not in the mood." I answered avoiding to look at her.

I felt her move closer to me caressing my cheek, looking at me with a genuine concern.

"What's the problem? Please tell me." She asked and when I looked at her, I saw pain in her eyes that I couldn't explain.

Is she guilty or something?

But Camila, you know well how expressive her eyes are right?

But...

But before I could answer her, her phone rang and she immediately left my side to fetch it in our bedroom. She came back to seat with me again before answering it.

Lara: (Yes hello Lucy?) She answered rather cheerful than I expected so my eyes darted to her way remembering the photo I received earlier.

Was it Lucy?

Lara: (Hmm, I don't know if we can squeeze that into my schedule right now... uhhh we're staying until friday... yeah... no I would like to hangout with you guys... but my Camila's the priority of this trip... yeah, I'm really sorry... maybe we can do that when we start the construction of the hotel in New York... right... thanks Lucy. Bye.)

"Lucy?" I blatantly asked.

"Yes love, she was asking if I could squeeze a night out with them, her and some board members, but then I declined." She smiled sweetly.

"Oh that's fine with me." I said convincingly.

"No. We're here to escape right?" She said kneeling in front of me cupping my face with both her hands.

"You're my priority. Always remember that. Okay? I love you." She added giving me a peck on the lips.

"I love you too." I said blushing, finally giving in to her natural charm.

"That's the smile I've been missing out the whole morning." She exclaimed looking marveled at the sight of my whole face, I just rolled my eyes on her.

"So what do you want to do today? You wanna go shopping? For us and for our friends, I know they'll bug you for that." She winked as she sat back on her chair.