Chapter Two

I stare at the girl and boy in front of me. Both tall, both very thin. A certain smell hit my nose, the dirt hanging on there torn clothes made me want to look away, its not a pretty sight.

They both have blond hair, blue eyes, tanned liked skin but what troubled me was how hurt the boy looked badly hurt. His left leg's trouser no longer existed and his leg is bleeding badly, dripping onto the conservatory floor.

He is clinging onto the girl for dear life and by his face he is in a lot of pain and looked worried. He caught me staring and his face changed and the girl jolted slightly when she noticed James and I staring.

They had asked us for help and all we had done was stare like a pair of dogs not listening to there owner. James looked at me waiting for me to lead, of course he would. James has always been a follower, not a leader. Just say he can be a right pussy when he wants to.

"May I ask why you didn't go to a hospital, there is one close by," I said heading towards my trouser pocket to ring an ambulance.

"No!" the girl and boy shouted in sync looking at me wide eyed.

"Why not?" I ask.

"Please just help us? Do you have a first aid kit? A bandage? Some water and a bit of food? Then we be on our way, we don't want any trouble or any fuss," says the girl, as the boy seemed to drop his eyes to the floor, then his legs gave way and collapsed to the floor.

I stare wondering what to do. "Vaughn we have to help them," he whispered.

"I know but I don't like it," I retorted back already getting suspicious what's actually going on here but I'm not cold hearted, I'm not going to let him be there on the floor, he probably would pass out any minute.

"James help the girl into the front room, on the sofa. I'll grab what we need," I tell him firmly.

"Vaughn, do you know what your doing?" James asked then I glared at him.

"Oh yeah of course you do, I forgot about that," he went to continue but I grabbed his arm. "Get the fucking boy in the fucking front room now you dick!" I snap at him as I head towards the cupboard near the sink. I yank it open as I hear the boy hiss in pain behind me.

The time I grabbed a bowl full of water, a cloth, a glass of water and some crisps James, the girl and the boy had made it into the front room.I rushed in after them putting the stuff down on the table in front of the sofa and helping the last few steps to the sofa.

The boy cursed under his breathe. I make the girl and James go sit on the other sofa while I kneel down in front of the boy. "My name is Vaughn, what is yours?" I ask.

He looked at me, then to his sister then back to me but didn't say nothing. "Look I'm trying to help you here but I don't take shit and I don't get ignored, name now!" I say more firmly.

"Theo," he managed to whisper.

"Good, we are getting somewhere. Look Theo, this is going to hurt, James can you go get the bloody sowing kit too," I bark to him.

"Sowing kit," said the girl worried.

"I'm going to have to stitch some of this up. How did it happen anyway?" I ask.

"You're not qualified to do that," she said pleading.

"Look, I am the only one with experience enough to do this. If you don't want a hospital then this is the only other option, mate. So I shut your mouth right now," I said getting really pissed off.

"He has done it before," said James returning with the sowing kit.

"How?" the girl asked.

"You ask a lot of questions for a girl who's friend is in a lot of pain right now. I'm going to ask you to shut up or answer what I fucking asked!" I shout this time.

"I caught it on a fence at first then got attacked by a dog," Theo said slowly.

"At least Theo has more sense and he is in pain," I tell her.

"I have sense he don't, he just tell you everything if I didn't stop him. He probably do anything right now but we can't afford him to make mistakes. Just do what you got to do and we are out of here," she said annoyed herself now.

"Alright Theo, going to clean this up and then you better brace yourself, this fucking will hurt," I tell him.

He nods before I start to clean the wound as best as I can, taking slow gentle strokes to ensure it won't hurt too much.

Once most of the blood had cleared up, I brought the sowing kit towards me. "I'm sorry," I whispered to him knowing exactly how bad this is about to be.

Who would of thought a hard case like me doing something like this. If James ever says anything I will swing for him.

As I put the needle into the skin for the first time the place irrupted with Theo's loud scream of pain...