Chapter Seven

I look out the window of the bus, knowing full well we are nearly at Waterloo station. Then we'll have a long journey ahead just great right? Just exactly what I had planned to be doing on a late Saturday afternoon.

Nothing seemed to break my thoughts from helping Olivia and Theo. Well to be honest, I didn't think ahead too well but I didn't really do it for Olivia or Theo. I did it because when I set my eyes on something, when something seems to walk into my life I can't help but need to know everything, make sense of it all.

Just many of things that people don't know about me. Trying to hack my brain what is actually good about getting involved in this? Not like it matters now, can't turn back the clock, I've learned that in the past too. I don't learn though.

I look at Olivia and Theo in front of James and I in the sits and sigh. What is going on here and how deep does it go? Those police officers are lying and I have a bad feeling about all of this.

"Vaughn are you okay?" James asks me.

I look at him and nod, "Of course I am. This is nothing," I whisper.

"Even so, we haven't done this in a long time. Been involved this much with this sort of thing," says James.

"This is different and you know it," I said to him.

"Exactly," he says back.

"It's not as bad," I tell him.

"How do we really know that though? Do you know how much shit this is going to get us in. We have stopped four police this time back then the police never got involved," says James.

"Only because we made sure they didn't but in the long run we nearly got ourselves killed. James just don't worry, it won't take us long to make sense of this all besides James those police officers are weird and were lying," I tell him.

"I don't like it," says James as the bus pulled into Waterloo station. We all get up and get off the bus as quickly as we can blending into the crowds heading towards the train station.

"Vaughn how are we to paid for this train and what should I do with these jackets?" Olivia asks suddenly.

"I have money in my ruck sack. I have enough to get us tickets I'm sure of it," I say as dig into my bag and pull out the box I got James to get back at my house. I open it up to reveal hundred quid. I'll get killed by my parents the next time we cross paths, whenever that will be.

I also pull out a cigarette and go over to a small little shop you get near train stations. "Excuse me can I have a lighter please?" I ask. He gave over a lighter and I handed him a ten pound note for a one pound lighter.

He hands me back the change and I put it back into the tin. "James go buy the tickets with Olivia. I'll stay out here with Theo, I want a smoke," I tell him as I hand him over the tin.

"Vaughn, we gave this up," says James worried.

"No, you gave it up and I just stopped having hundreds. I can't go on hour journey involved in all this with out one alright pussy?" I say.

"Vaughn," he goes to say but I cut across him, "Go get the fucking tickets dickhead. Seriously come on we need to put as much distance between us and those police officers," I say getting annoyed.

"The jackets?" Olivia asks again. I glare at her who gives them to Theo to hold.

I watch as James and Olivia go off to get the tickets and I find a bench Theo could sit down on. I lit the cigarette up and started to smoke it. Theo looks at me weirdly.

"What is wrong, do you stare often?" I ask him annoyed at his rudeness.

"No its not that. Could I have one?" he asks.

"You being serious? Look Theo you don't want one of these mate. You don't need to act cool for anyone or get involved in this shit," I tell him.

Why I'm trying to convince him not to get involved with them is beyond me. Like it make a fucking difference to me, at all. But a part of me wants to give him good advice plus I don't want Olivia on my case. She is way over protective towards her twin brother.

I continue to puff on my cigarette waiting for James and Olivia to get back. I finally spot them coming towards us as I put my cigarette out.

"We got them. The train leaves in ten minutes," says James handing me back the tin and the four tickets. I put the money back in my ruck sack and give everyone there ticket to look after.

"Alright lets get a drink and then head towards the platform," I say leading the way.

The time we get us some drinks and found the right platform the train was nearly ready to depart. We find our own part of the train with hardly anyone around. We sit down with relief.

I lounge across two sits chuck the ruck sack on the ground beneath the seats. "I might rest my eyes for a bit," says Theo suddenly.

"Might as well, I mean it is an hour journey," says Olivia as she slumped the coats on the ground.

"Look guys I don't expect to reveal everything all at once, of course not but you need to start telling us stuff. You can trust us, we are putting our necks on the line for you two," I say quite harshly.

"Olivia you said we will tell him," says Theo.

"I did but I thought we do it when we got to," she goes to say but the train jolts slightly vibrating through my whole body, I place my hand on my neck it now hurting.

"What the fuck was that?" I ask the air getting pissed.

"I don't know sure its nothing no need to worry, the train is still going," says James looking at me weirdly.

"What I'm not worried!" I snap.

Another jolt came and I fell slightly forward onto my knees. I get up using the pole anger raising up in my gut, "This never happens on a train something isn't right," I say this time knowing something bad is up.

"Maybe its a problem they are experience you don't need to get so angry," says Olivia looking at me. I look back at her and sigh. Maybe she is right but the last thing I want is to deal with this all the way through the journey its already annoying me.

I sit back in the chair leaning against the window trying to breathe. The train seemed to be going along fine now and I close my eyes feeling suddenly really tired, not sure why.

I open my eyes a little while later. Olivia and Theo have fell asleep but James is wide awake playing some game on his phone. He looks over at me and smiles. "You alright?" he asks.

"I'm fine," I smile just as I saw a bright light flash through the window and that's when the train stopped with such force my life flashed before my eyes.

I heard screaming, I can't see and that's when I felt my body being forced off the chair and I crashed into something. My body irrupting with pain.

I open my eyes slowly trying to take in my surroundings, "James," I whisper looking around. The train has gone side wards, it must of came off the track. I feel myself shaking and I look down at myself.

I have a nasty cut on my arm and I'm not sure I could find the strength to get to my feet. I see Olivia and Theo over the other side of the carriage buried beneath some luggage and I can't see James anywhere.

"JAMES!" I scream as I spot something through the window that is smashed and that's when I notice a piece of glass stuck in my left leg. Dizziness takes over and as I see something or someone climbing in I find myself passing out into the unknown of blackness...