Chapter Five

I hear movement coming from my parents bed room. I look at everyone still fast a sleep. It's a Saturday morning and both my parents have to work.

Not like I'm remotely interested in what my parents do at work, I know they both work for the same company and this company is huge. Known all over the world, my parents are joint management of it, something like that.

I never bother asking too much about it. All I do know is, it brings a lot of money in and my parents are always busy and it happens this Saturday they have to work. I rush out of bed avoiding James and Olivia and going over to my bedroom door.

I open the door, closing it right behind myself. My father walks out the bathroom and smiles at me. "What you doing up so early hey sport?" he asks putting his hand on my head.

I glare at him, "Don't touch my hair," I retort back. He'll never learn. My parents don't seem to realize, don't seem to care about that I'm tough, mouthy kid hardly anyone likes to mess with. To them I'm still there "BABY BOY!" It drives me up the wall, sometimes I want to strangle my own parents.

I have to try act nice, but sometimes its not always the case. "Sorry, Vaughn your not my little kid no more, need to remember that but you will always be my only son and you always be our son no matter how old you are. Sorry about work but tomorrow we'll all do something together as a family. What about going to that theme park that you said just opened?"

"No worries at all, and yeah sounds fun," I smile.

"Well have a good day, don't do anything too stupid and tell James he is more then welcome to stay again tonight, maybe he can come tomorrow too," smiles my dad before he heads downstairs.

I lean against my bedroom door, my heart thumping in my chest. I breathe in just as mum comes out the bedroom. "Morning, Vaughn. I hope you had a good sleep over. I can't stop got work, I'll see you this evening love you," she says as she pecks me on the cheek and she rushes down the stairs.

The time I heard the front door slam and my dads car boost into action I had been standing against my bedroom door for twenty minutes. I open the bedroom door to find them still sleeping. I look at my digital clock beside my bed, its nearly nine in the morning.

I go over to the curtains and yank them open sun pouring into the room. "Shit!" shouts James as he covers his eyes the sun shining directly on him. Olivia stirred in her sleep and moved her arm around hitting James on the head as she turned over.

I laugh out loud it ripping through the silent bed room like a gun shot. Theo opened his eyes as Olivia did them both looking between me and James.

"What's funny?" Theo asked as I still had a massive grin on my face.

"Nothing, nothing at all. Right it's morning, I'm going to go make food. You two need to go take a shower, James search my wardrobe for some clothes I never wear anymore. I expect you down stairs by ten no excuses," I said before I left the bedroom wearing nothing but the shorts I had gone to bed in and head downstairs.

I sat on the surface of one of the kitchen tops playing on this Zombie run game, which you get chased by Zombies as Olivia came into the kitchen with James.

I look at Olivia my mouth wide open. Olivia had been wearing torn clothes, her hair looked rough, dirty and she smelled pretty bad but now...Her long blond hair hung loosely on her shoulders, shinning as the sun hit it. Her blue eyes now promoted her features on her face and you could really tell how thin she is by the way even my clothes hung on her.

"Lost your tongue?" Olivia asked.

"No, foods ready. I'll just serve it," I say.

"You can cook," laughs Olivia.