Chapter Eighteen

Jame's POV

I shouldn't be out alone. I shouldn't of gone to see Carly. I shouldn't of been holding my head held high when I walked into that bar one time. So many regrets so many stupid things that you know you regret. So why didn't all those regrets stop me now?

Stop me from walking out the warehouse, walking down the dark empty silent streets. I don't know what time it is. I don't know how long I've been walking. I don't know why I've now stopped looking at the little traffic about, but morning is arriving I can tell.

I had to get away for a bit. Away from the warehouse, away from Theo, Olivia and Vaughn. To do what? To think, to breathe, to feel like myself for five seconds. To forget everything and walk my troubles away. But who am I kidding? Nothing will get me away from the trouble that we are in. Me even being out, is a big risk. I know it is but still I find myself not quite caring.

I guess I've gone past caring, even more so now that my dreams, visions of the past are in full motion. I can't even go five seconds with out thinking about what Vaughn has done, what I have done and how much we have been through together. Even after all that though, I still can't help but feel so alone in all of this. 

"Excuse me," a whisper so quiet so timid I'm surprised I managed to hear it at all but I still clear as day swooping through my thoughts swooping into my space like an engine starting up.

I turn my attention to a young looking girl, I can't quite pin down how old she is but no more then ten years old I'm sure of it. I recognize her face, I'm not sure why though. Blue eyes, pale skin and dark brown hair, wearing a track suit.

"You talking to me?" I ask wondering if I imagined her trying to make contact with me.

"Yes, I am. Your in trouble," she whispers.

"How you know that?" I ask quick.

"I've met you once, about six months ago. Do you realize how upset your family is?" she asks.

"You can't let anyone know you have seen me. It will put them in danger, I'm too deep now," I try explain.

"I know. But I thought you like to know. They haven't given up and they love you dearly. I hope you can one day be with them again," she smiles before she walks away slowly and before I know it she is around the corner and I could no longer see her at all.

I sigh in annoyance. I know my family isn't going to give up, but I can't go hand myself in, even if I want too. Vaughn needs me, even if I feel like walking away. I've never ever done that, I will be beside Vaughn no matter what.

I look at the ground for a few moments before I turn and head back the way I've come. In hope I know where I'm going to get back to the warehouse where everyone is still very much a sleep.

Vaughn's POV

I grab onto the fence hoisting myself up. I look down at James looking at me confused, "You gonna wait here pussy? Because if I was you I wouldn't because I think that dog is going to have your ass," I laugh as I jump down into the garden.

James joined next to me a moment later, "You bastard you never told me about a fucking dog," he says as he punches me in the arm.

"Calm down," I laugh as I walk towards the house.

"Why we gotta go in this way!" he barks at me.

"Because you idiot, this is a surprise demand," I say softly.

"You do know this is bullshit? Why the fuck are we even here," he says annoyed.

"James come on, you always trusted me right? We end up on top, I always do you know I do. He'll give us the money and we be gone, back to Gary and then we'll get our share of the money and I'll take you to that awesome pizza place you want to go to," I smile.

"Alright alright," he says finally relaxing a bit.

"Good boy, now remember this is a surprise visit. We will get in through his bed room window," I wink.

"This is beyond stupid," James says.

"No, pussy it isn't. This is just the beginning."

I open my eyes, looking at the watch on the box next to me. Its about six am in the morning. My back is killing me. I get up, slowly rubbing my eyes and looking around. Olivia and Theo are still fast a sleep...but where is James?

I hear something outside. I decide to go have a look with out a second thought. I head through the boxes and reach the tiny exit through a half broken door. I climb through it into the outside of the warehouse with is surrounded by fences.

I spot James sitting on the ground against one of the fences. I walk over to him, he only notices me when I sit down beside him. "You alright?" I ask him.

"I've been better," he states.

"I think we all have. What is troubling you?" I ask him.

James looks at me surprised, "You serious?" he asks.

"Yeah, of course I am. Something must be up, there has to be."

"Yeah there is but you never noticed before, not really anyway," James says slowly. 

"Look, James. You can tell me anything. I'm here to listen no matter what," I smile putting my hand on his shoulder. 

 "Its about our past actually," he finally says.

"What about it?" I ask.

"Vaughn don't act like you don't even know. What's happened in the past, what if it comes down to that again," says James.

"Alright James I've thought about it too. But if I have to go there...I'm a killer," I whisper suddenly.

"No your not Vaughn. No your not," James says sharply.

"Why do you keep saying that. All over these years you convinced me I'm not but I am."

"Vaughn you aren't a killer," says James looking at me seriously.

"Well isn't that going to become a problem for you then, Vaughny boy or should I say thief!" shouts a loud manly voice ripping through my head making me jump.

I turn around just about to see a tall, strong looking man with brown messy hair before he grabs me by my hair bringing me up to his face. "You aren't so tough now, boy! You out of practice hey? Should of thought about that all before you stole my fucking money!" he shouts spitting in my face.

"Who are you?" I managed ask.

"Don't you remember me? Nothing at all? You owe me ten grand and guess what time is up! You may have hid but you couldn't forever could you? Not you Vaughny boy, not you who just seems to find trouble," he says harshly.

James looks at me, fear in his eyes but I can tell we are both searching our memories, about our past and what this could all be about, but even after all the shit we had been through. This don't add up.

"I don't know what you are talking about. We don't owe no one money!" I spat at him trying to act tough. We may need to get serious here.

"Don't you dare act like you don't know. Now how are you going to pay me back!" he shouts.

"Look dude, seriously. We don't even know who you are. We don't know how you know us. This has nothing to do with us," says James taking a step towards us.

The man grabs my throat by his other hand and starts to choke me. I start to struggle to breathe and I can't do anything to stop him. I feel myself go dizzy, my head feeling strange and the last thing I managed to see as my vision failed me was James pulling out a knife from his pocket...