Chapter Three

The girl grabbed Theo's arm and tried. To hush him, "Shh" she spoke gently looking at him as if she'd do anything to swap positions with him in that moment. I wondered briefly what it was like to care for someone that much, I looked at Theo he was trying to put on a brave face but his face was twisted in a horrified manner.

I ignored it and calmly threaded up his wound in a criss cross pattern trying to be fast and the least painful I could be at the same time, "Almost done," I reassured him.

I insert the needle into his skin for the final time then closed of the stitching and cut the thread. "You need to go," I said firmly looking at the two strangers on my couch. "I did what I could I can't do no more I'm not a fucking charity."

Theo nodded trying to mask his pain and look appreciative.

"Vaughn they look pretty messed up," James said, "Why don't you let them take a shower get cleaned up, maybe lend Theo a pair of pants then they will leave."

I shot him a look, "My fucking parents will be back any minute unless you'd like to volunteer to explain to them who the fuck they are...oh and the little tiny fact that they broke in I suggest you let them leave!" I told him not hiding the sarcasm in my voice he looked at Theo and the girl still feeling sorry for them.

"It's okay," the girl suddenly declared, "we'll leave thanks for helping Theo," she smiled at me and something inside me moved.

"Vaughn honey were home," came my mum's tired voice James acted fast and shut the door behind him rushing out into the hallway to greet them. I heard his shaky voice just outside the door.

"Hey Mr and Mrs Alexander how was your evening." I hear James take them into the kitchen and knew this was my cue to get these two out of here it was too risky to send them out the front door the only option was to take them upstairs, fucking great I muttered to myself.

I urged them up from the couch, Theo put his arm around the girl's shoulder and struggled to his feet he groaned in pain. "Sshh," I warned, "keep quiet I'm going to take you up to my room then as soon as the coast is clear you have to go."

I walked quickly to the door held up to let Theo and the girl get to me before I open it slowly my mum and dad thank fuck aren't standing directly in the middle of the kitchen, James is with his back turned to me he worked in mysterious ways my best friend. Most of the time he was so fucking useless and times like this though. which are extremely rare he actually had a brain.

I turned back and gestured them to follow, "Hurry," I whispered and they followed me slowly up the stairs theo struggling with each step the stairs creaked under us and I cursed under my breathe. I walked along the landing and led them to my room. The girl sat Theo down on my bed gently, I close the door behind us and stood guard in front of it.

"As soon as they come up your gone," I told them again.

"Can I use your bathroom?" the girl asked. 

I scrunched up my face, "For fuck sake are you trying to get me into shit."

"Please i'll be quick."

Closing my eyes I took a deep breathe, "Fine," I muttered, "one minute!" I told her as head into the landing and I open the door out for her to go into the bathroom. 

"Do you have to stand outside?"

"Yes I fucking have to stand outside," I said through gritted teeth suddenly there were voices at the bottom of the stairs in a panicked reaction without thinking I shoved the girl into the toilet and locked the door.

"What the fuck?" she demanded.

"Shh," I said harshly, "there coming up."

I hear James and my parents come up the stairs they passed the bathroom and crossed the landing "Goodnight Mr and Mrs Alexandra," James called out before opening the door to my room I breathed a sigh of relief when I turned back to face the girl she was biting her bottom lip as if she wanted to ask me something important but was afraid of what my reaction would be.

I frowned, "What?"

"Can we stay here tonight please I'm Begging you Theo's really hurt. He needs to rest his leg properly at least for one night. I promise we'll be gone before you even wake up."

I shook my head in disbelief, "Are you insane you want me to hide you in my room until tomorrow morning how the fuck do you expect me to get away with that?"

She didn't say anything just looked at me with pleading eyes, I never noticed how blue they are. 

"I'm Olivia."

I stared at her completely puzzled why was she telling me her name did she think I cared? "Please Vaughn," I have that unfamiliar feeling inside me again.

What the fuck was that I didn't like it. I know I'm going to regret this there was no way I could hide out  two weirdoes in my room the whole fucking night without my parents finding out but there was no fucking way this was going to work however something in the way Olivia was looking at me made me sigh and say, "One night and we'll all forget this ever happened".