Chapter Fourteen

Vaughn's POV

After struggling with the body outside we did our best to make Olivia's relative to look peaceful but there wasn't much we could do. Cathy had been violently stabbed to death. 

I now know how serious this can all be and I don't regret for one minute helping Olivia and Theo. We have to help them. They need us. I'm not the type to jump and help any random people, boy I'm harsh guy.

I don't give a shit but finding out more about the whole situation, I can tell this is bigger then just two kids running away from an orphanage, its much bigger then that. James knew my motive but I think I'm starting to be here for a complete different reason.

"I had no idea," said Theo looking at James who stood looking out the window into the back garden. He looked over in his direction and sighed. "There was no need too," he said gently, "We need to give Cathy a proper send off."

"We didn't even get a chance to know her. Who the fuck would do this?" asked Theo sharply.

"What is the point of asking that Theo. We know who would do this. We can't stay here. They came here looking for us Theo. Those bastards aren't going to stop," she said angrily.

"We did the right thing. We did," Theo says shaking, "We had to before they...I can't even say it," he said tears rushing to the surface. I watch Olivia run over to her brother and wrap her arms around him.

I walked over to James, "Come outside leave them for a bit," I whisper before he nods and we both step into the back garden closing the door behind us.

"What happened, Vaughn. You have a lot to tell me," says James.

"Yes I do. I know you probably hate my guts right now. Spending your birthday like this. Not the first time I fucked your birthday up. But this is a lot bigger then just two kids running away from any old orphanage. This is beyond that, way beyond it. It's fucked up, I just knew something wasn't right," I say slowly.

"You are a jerk and a dick. You never think and jump in. You are pretty much always the one to get us in all the shit we have been in. I've always been here for you, Vaughn because I can't see my life with out you. Sure sometimes I wish you stop fucking up my life but I'm just as much to blame sometimes. Let's just not go into who's to blame, we are here now what's the point of regrets. It's clear maybe this is what we got to do. They need help and we may just be the best people for it. We aren't any normal teenagers we lived a lot more then most. We know shit...I had to bring up old pasts too. But you go first," says James looking at me.

"Alright I will."

Jame's POV

After all that Vaughn told me I started to pin things together too. I just couldn't believe what he had told me. How crazy this all is. How could it all happen? It's horrible, but deep down it didn't shock me at all.

Vaughn couldn't quite believe I had picked up a gun after all this time. We had promised we wouldn't again. We would leave it all in the past but he had brought it upon us by jumping into all of this shit.

Vaughn doesn't want to remember, he tries to block it out but the more he does the more it get on top of him. Things have changed now, we may just have to start remembering. I think Vaughn will have to accept that.

I just got out the shower and got changed. It's about six am now. I think we are all knackered. Theo and Olivia have been sleeping but Vaughn and I haven't got a wink. We know we need to move, find a better place to stay.

Somewhere they wouldn't expect Olivia and Theo to go. I've had a million missed calls and texts from my parents. Today including, birthday wishes and saying how they can't believe I'm not home on my birthday. They are worried sick and I can't send one single text back to them.

It only be a matter of time until we have to chuck our phones. We can't risk being found. I just fear if this is what we will do for the rest of our lives, run. We gave up what we did so we didn't have to be on the run for the rest of our lives but here we are again, but this time there seems to be no way out of going home.

I kick the door in before I leave the room and head down stairs. As I reach the bottom I notice its quite dark, no lights are on. I walk into the front room and the lights flick on.

"Happy birthday!" shouts Vaughn, Olivia and Theo as three party poppers go off. I look around the room, banners, balloons food and presents. My mouth falls open. I had not been expecting anything like this and how the fuck did they do this in such short notice.

"How did you manager this?" I ask shocked.

"Don't worry about how we did it, just enjoy it James. I know this isn't going to be the perfect birthday, I've fucked up your eightieth but I hope this shows I'm so sorry," he smiles at me handing me over a present.

I take the present before I give him a quick hug, "Enough of that pussy," Vaughn jokes.