Chapter Seventeen

Jame's POV

I couldn't quite bare watching the scene follow out in front of me, but I had too. It's not like I can rip myself away from it, I can't it won't let me.

Vaughn pulling out the knife from his leg, wiping the blood away on his shirt before he limped forward, "That's not going to stop me," he whispers in pants.

"Don't you know when to go down?" a tall rough looking man with a scar down his eye glaring at Vaughn like he is his prey.

"I'll never go down to the likes of you!" he spat holding the knife firm in his hand.

"Vaughn," I whisper his name. Vaughn looks at me sadly, "I'm sorry," he mouthed before he took a step towards the man.

"You are such a," but the man never got to finish his sentence as the knife in Vaughn's hand went into the man's gut. Blood irrupts from his stomach as Vaughn pulls it straight back out.

"I've had enough of your bullshit. I'm not some little kid you got it? Now why don't you call the police if you want, there is the mobile right next to you on the ground but I'm walking away with these drugs if you like it or lump it," smirks Vaughn as he rams the drugs into his rucksack and puts out his hand for me to take.

I take his hand, I smile a real smile. I know what he has done but still I can't quite hate him for it. This guy nearly killed me, he nearly killed Vaughn. I can't blame Vaughn for what he did, I can't blame Vaughn for taking the drugs. We were too deep to give up now.

I helped Vaughn walk as best as he could as we walk out the warehouse, blood dripping onto the ground. "Are you going to be ok?" I ask.

"Don't worry, James. It all be ok."

"James wake up," Theo shakes me awake.

"Theo are you alright what is the matter?" I ask concerned.

"Nothing, you just were shaking a lot in your sleep. I thought something was wrong," he says.

"Oh don't worry that happens sometimes," I smile to reassure him that everything is alright.

Even though everything is anything but alright. The memories of the past are clear, when I close my eyes they're coming storming back and I can't stop them even if I want too. As we get deeper into the world of what Olivia and Theo are in, the past is rushing back.

I really do fear the worst is yet too come, this is just the beginning and that is what really scares me.

Vaughn's POV

Didn't take us long to figure out what to do, well it didn't take me long anyway. We got off at Liverpool street station and found an abandoned building about half hour walk from the station. We settled in quite well and it didn't take long for James and Theo to get some sleep. 

I preferred him to sleep then to ask me things or bring up the past. I can't bare it, not now. I'm looking out the window, two stories up looking at on going traffic, people rushing by and getting on with there lives.

Olivia comes up from behind me and sits next to me looking out the window. I look at her, she looks back and we share a silent smile for I'm not sure how long but finally she spoke softly to me.

"Are you alright? If  you don't want to tell me about your past, like I with mine but I can tell that you need someone to talk to."

"Your good at knowing things aren't you? Olivia if we are to be travelling together and on the run together for god knows how long till I figure out something then we need to be truthful about somethings. If you haven't already guessed. I'm no normal teenager. My past is full of dreadful things and I'm not innocent far from it. You may hate me when you find out about things I've done but I don't want you to judge me as I'm not judging you on anything anymore either, I never really did. I let you in my home, I put everything on the line for you. This isn't your fault, I know it isn't. I'm going to do all I can to make this your happy ending, you and your brother but if you ever say I said this I will deny it," I laugh.

"I don't know what it is about you, Vaughn. But I care deeply for you. Thank you for being you, being here for me and Theo. I'm not going to judge you on your past," she whispers.

"Olivia I've killed people. I wasn't lying back then. I've tried to convince myself I'm no killer, I even lied to you and said I'm not.  Even James did but who am I kidding?  I am a killer, I'm a murderer. It's kind of scary saying it like that but it is what I am. I've had to survive. I've had to think fast or I would of been the one who didn't get to walk away. It was either there live or James and I. It's my fault. Not all of it, but I got James and I involved in the first place. I was too good, they hated me. They took it out on us I suppose. We got out, we knew we had too," I whisper.

"What are you afraid of. That is the past. You know you made mistakes so what are you afraid of?"

I look at her before looking away, "I'm afraid of becoming that again. I'm afraid I'll get a taste of it and want it all over again. You heard James. I find trouble, I see trouble and I got to solve it somehow. I can't seem to walk away," I whisper.

"If you weren't like that. I would of been back in that orphanage a long time ago. I would of had no hope in hell. Remember that Vaughn. Whatever happens, whatever James even says. You saved me, you saved Theo from a life full of torture. A life full of being scared. A life of horror. You are my saviour Vaughn. I'll never ever forget that. So you don't either," she whispers as she kisses me on the cheek before she gets up and leaves me to my own thoughts.

Is she right?

Is Olivia right?

Even when I think about it a killer? A murderer? I never ever once called myself that, I've said to myself plenty of times I'm no killer...but I am I really am aren't I...?