Chapter Twenty two

Vaughn's POV

"Vaughn," says Olivia waking me from my dreams. I open my eyes and I look right at her. "What is wrong?" I ask.

"We're hungry and we thought it be best to wake you," she says softly looking at me with her soft eyes, her beautiful smile.

"I know, we need food but I don't think we have much money left. I'm sorry," I whisper knowing this is no life, no way of living at all.

"We'll find a way," she tries to reassure me.

"Why did he go?" I ask out loud.

"Who James?" she asks. 

"Yeah, I need him," I whisper. 

She comes to sit down next to me, takes my hand and smiles, "I don't know why but we will be alright on our own. You have me now and Theo and if he is a true friend he will come back he'll find us someway, some how. Don't let that upset you," she says softly. 

"I don't know what to do Olivia. I don't know what to do. How the fuck are we going to prove what they did to you and Theo. How are we going to make sure they never lay another finger on you and him. How do I stop them? Because I know one thing, they cover there backs. They must do, they have for years right. No sign of doing anything like that. They will find us, and I won't be able to do anything. They will use the law against me, against you. I need a plan and fast and if not I've failed you. You will hate me forever, " I say finally the stress, worry and concern getting to me. Fear finally arriving after god knows how long.

"I can never hate you Vaughn. I can never hate you because I care too much about you. Because you mean something to me now. Don't let Theo know or laugh but I think deep down in side I love you. The first guy I've ever had a chance to love but I think that is what I feel, how I feel about you," she spoke slowly.

I look at her before I lean in towards her and I let myself kiss her lips softly at first moving faster as she got into it. I place my hand on her side and the other in her hair as I deepen the kiss. We finally pulled away, I look at her and smile.

"Well lets be idiots together. Whatever happens in this moment, lets share what we feel," I say before I kiss her again forgetting all the shit, forgetting James and forgetting how hungry we really are.

James's POV

I'm a dick. I can't say much more then that. Why did I leave him? Why did I leave him with Theo and Olivia? I don't know why. I wanted to give up.

I wanted to walk away and just forget. I want a shower, I want my home but I can't turn my back on him. I don't know why I just did that. I've stopped, I'm not sure where I am. I'm not sure where Vaughn would be now but I have to find him, somehow.

He could be in danger. I can't let him do this alone no matter how I feel about it. No matter how much I just want to give up. I've hurt Vaughn, I know I have. He maybe a shit best friend but I'm not that much better am I?

We both have things to work on but you don't just give up and walk away. You have to fight, I know that now so I must find him and fast because if I don't I really don't know how Vaughn will be able to survive. He is good but he has never been able to do it on his own, he needs me.

I just have to go back to where I left them last and try think like Vaughn to where they would of gone, its that simple and if I'm good at thinking like him I'll find him in no time at all.

Vaughn's POV

I left Olivia and Theo at the shed in someones back garden. The house is abandoned. Its the best we can do while its raining. I left them there because I don't want them to catch a cold, I'll get the food. I don't want them to get involved in it.