Chapter Twenty

Jame's POV

The past is always a scary thing but it doesn't have to be...the words of my faithful dad floating in my thoughts, I still can't quite accept them. He couldn't know what my past involves when he spoke those words. How can you not be scared when it comes flying back into your life, like a bomb impacting on the earth, it ripping through it destroying everything within its touch.

Right now I'm scared. I always complained about Vaughn trying to ignore his past but I've always tried to do that too, just in my own little way. It's crazy, but I'm just like him in that aspect. But I've always been the chicken shit, the pussy as Vaughn calls me.

I failed back there, Olivia did a better job then I even did. I've always been a weakling and there has only been one time when I saved Vaughn, all the rest it was all Vaughn. He saved the day, he has all this talent and I...well I have hardly any talent at all. 

A part of me right now is fuming. What the fuck are these guys doing? Who do they think they are, why the fuck do they have to come make this situation ten times as fucking worse then it already is. I don't find myself wanting to swear this much but I'm angry as much as I am scared.

I'm also worried what's gonna happen next, what they plan to do. When they had knocked Olivia out and Vaughn had been strangled so much he blacked out, I was left standing there with no weapon, no hope right?

It's true I should of gone quietly, given up but I had to try something. I tried and failed miserably. I charged at the man who knocked out Olivia but going up against one guy who had another guy right next him, stupid mistake and after everything Vaughn has taught me, it all went out the window in panic fear and concern for Vaughn and Olivia. 

I remember his words like he knew me somehow, "Oh Jamey boy, don't bother. Your out numbered and we're done this before," he sneered as he grabbed my fist heading towards him twisting it and pulling me towards him twisting it behind my back.

I cry out in pain, "You bastard," I whisper. How does he know me? Do I know him? I must do but how? Why don't I remember.

That's what I thought, still now I'm trying to pin point why he knows me, how he knows. His face...I think I have seen him before. He probably is right and if that guy is right about that, is the boss right about us stealing this ten grand from him? That is the question...I really don't know.

The door opens to reveal the guy who had strangled Vaughn. "Hi there, James."

I look at him waiting for him to ask me whatever he intends to ask, I guess he expected a response but I gave him nothing. "We both know Vaughn is the one that mouths back, the one who don't take shit, so which one are you again"? he laughs evilly.

"I guess you want me to beg for you to leave us alone or something or knock sense into Vaughn to accept what ever you wish for him to accept right? He'll never listen to me either, no matter what you do. He won't give into your demands, whether you use me to get to him or not. That I know for sure. So get on with what you got to do, because I'm already bored."

He looks at me, eyeing me up. "When did you get all cocky hey? The thing is James I'm not dumb. Whether you think Vaughn will give into my demands or not I know he will when your life is on the line, you know why I know?" he pauses for a couple seconds before he continues, "Because he has before. He put your life in front of his before," he laughs.

"This is bullshit. I don't know who you are but I think you have lost it," I say annoyed.

Vaughn's POV

The boss comes into the room with James. I smile, I'm happy to see him but I'm also not happy to see him at all right at this particular moment.

"The two best friends reunited hey?" he teases us.

"Your Danny," I blurt out.

His eyes rise up, "You remember my name?" he asks.

"I do. I know how you know me and James. I remember but I do know we don't owe you ten grand, that's all Gary and I don't know what that fucker has told you but we didn't steal nothing," I tell him in hope he may just listen but who am I really kidding.

I remember him, searching my thoughts and memories I finally remember. It took time, I don't know why. Maybe because I buried the memories so deep and it was such a long time ago but I know who he is. No wonder he knows so much about James and I.

Shit...he was pretty much our biggest enemy, this guy is the last person we wanted to piss off, again. We may not even make it out of this alive. But if we can beat this guy once, we can do it again. I just need to catch him off guard, use my skills to its full potential.

Its just beyond strange, how I forgot him. How I couldn't quite grasp who he was not one moment ago. I guess I've tried to block it out so much, I've got to the point of forgetting a lot of my past. I need to remember it fast though, if I have any hope of getting us all out of this alive and in one piece.

I need to think and fast. "Earth to Vaughn," says Danny as hits me over the head to get my attention.

"What?" I ask.

"I don't care if you think this is going to end well for you, its not. I don't trust you Vaughny boy and as I said what happens next is all your fault and you will just have to accept it until you agree to my terms none of you will see the light of day again!" he spits in my face.

"Well lucky I'm not fond of the sun then," I smirk. He grabs hold of my head and smashes it against the wall, darkness took over but not fully. He untied me still holding onto my head.

"Such a waste of space. Why do I even give a shit about this kid?" he asks confused questioning himself right in front of James.

"Because I've always been a surprise," I whisper as I took my chance pushing my leg in between his legs. He yelled. I swing for his head my fist colliding with a massive whack. His hand loosens around my head and I break from him falling towards James.

He caught me, looking at me strangely, "What now?" he asks confused.

"I don't know," I told him the truth.

I managed to push the dizziness aside to straighten up myself, "I'll be alright, the door can we get out,"  I say as I grab some rope and tie Danny up the best I can.

"James, we need to get Olivia and Theo and go as fast as we can," I say sighing with annoyance.

"I know."

I took one last look at Danny before James opened up the door to reveal...Gary!