The light I've lost- facing your enemies

If anyone gets the obscure transformers reference in this chapter, PM me. Maybe I'll message you about something I'm working on ... DUN DUN DUN!
******
"So, you wanted to talk. Let's talk."

Raven: "I didn't believe it myself. My scouts have been telling me what you were doing. You have betrayed your family."

"Ha! My family was killed by you, this isn't betrayal. It's my redemption from a past I want buried."

Raven: "it seems you've been having trouble burying it. I've been keeping an eye on you for a while now. You sit in your room with your eyes closed, and you think, and you think... and do you want to know what I think?"

"Please do tell."

Raven: "without Vernal you're lost, I think for the first time in your life, you don't know what you are. A son, a Bandit, a husband. Now what?"

"Soldier"

Raven: "But why? If you wanted to make a difference you could have become a huntsman no more no less? Why an atlas agent?"

"*sigh* I once told Weiss I killed for the sake of killing. I wanted to make her hurt me, you see... because when she hurts others, she hurts herself. And the thing is, when those words were in my head I didn't think I meant them; but when they left my mouth, I realized that I did. If the world thinks you're a monster, what does it matter? The world is wrong. But when you start to think of yourself as a monster... I came to hate the person I'd become. And I decided that the best way to leave that person behind... maybe the easiest way... was to become an atlas agent."

Raven: "you're not a monster and we all have wobbles. All of us from time to time, we all have wobbles and we question what we're doing. It's part of being a bandit. You've said so yourself... but there's nothing I can do to change your mind. Is there?"

"No... being an atlas soldier. That's who I am now. No more stealing from others, no more pillaging and stealing to survive. I'm happy Raven. As happy as I can be without her."

Raven: "I know you won't forgive me. I don't expect you to. But..." she slices the air with her sword, creating a portal "at least let me take you to your father. I'll assume Winter told you?"

"You mean... he's through there?"

She nodded
Raven: "consider it one last favour, then I'll be gone. I won't bother you... ever again."

"Thank you Raven. You're right, I can't forgive you, I never will. But I appreciate this. I'll see you around." I slip through the portal, I'm nervous! I'm going to finally meet my father. Here goes nothing
******
I emerge into a room. A lot of people were there, Yang, hell even Weiss! Apart from that I didn't really recognise a lot of people there, but they all had weapons pointed at me as I emerged. Where the hell am I?

Qrow: "and you are?"

"Well I'm not one of Ravens flunkies so you can relax."

Qrow: "right. So she just happened to let you use her semblance because... what? She owed you a favour?"

"You could say that. Hey Weiss, my mom said glad you're safe and if you want to write to her to give the letter to me, I won't be staying long. Yang, good to see you sis, I've left Ravens tribe, you can relax."

Weiss: "well you've certainly changed, last time you saw us you wanted to kill me."

"Let's be honest, I would have been well within my rights to do so. But now I'm working with mom, a lots changed"

???: "yangs your Sister? You know Weiss? Who are you?"

"Sorry. I'm terrible with my manners, I'm Y/N. Cobalt Branwen to my mother. At your service. Currently under the command of my mother Winter Schnee. Hey dad. Good to finally meet you."

Yang: "what? You're... uncle Qrow's son?"

"Yeah. Maybe Weiss never told you about everything that happened in my childhood. Weiss is my aunt. And Raven did adopt me, making Yang my sister, but I guess we're cousins now."

Qrow: "Cobalt... But we thought-"

"-that I was dead. Yeah, the Schnees are great with secrets. Not even mom knew I was alive. But you knew, didn't you Weiss?" I remove my helmet and turn my head to the side, revealing my scars of her initials. "Some of her handiwork."

Yang: "Weiss?"

"Hey, don't take it out on her. She was just a kid, living under the maniacal dictatorship of my grandfather. She had to do it for her own sake. I don't hold her to account anymore."

???: "so... you're my cousin?"

"Sorry, what's your name?"

Ruby: "Ruby. Yangs sister."

"I have two cousins? Guess I need to meet my uncle at some point as well."

Qrow: "son... I"

"You don't have to say anything father. Raven did me one last favour and asked me if I wanted to meet you, naturally I said yes. Also mom wants you to go see her when you can. She said now I was back, you could try again."

Qrow: "*sigh* yeah... when I heard we'd lost you. I went down a dark path, there's a reason I'm always drinking. Give this to your mom ok? Tell her I'm done with drink. She'll take the hint." He walks towards me and hands me a hip flask. I grab it, but as I do he wraps his arms around me. "Son." He smiles as he looks at my face "you've still got my eyes. Heh, and your moms smile."

"She said you'd notice."

Weiss: "Cobalt?"

"Yes auntie Weiss?"

Weiss: "*chuckles* I'm never going to get used to that. Why did you leave? What about your wife?"

Qrow: "oh? You got hitched huh?"

I hang my head and pull out my wedding ring. "Vernals dead Weiss. Raven used her as a decoy during the fight for the vault... I couldn't stay with her anymore. I struck out on my own and atlas agents captured me. The interrogator was mom. And well... here I am"

Yang: "She was brave. She went down fighting."

"Heh, I'd expect nothing less from my Vernal..."