Vanguard visit- Uldren seals his fate.

I struggle against the Captain holding me down to my knees as the man not fit to be called a prince, Uldren Sov, kicks Cayde in the side of the head, causing part of  his faceplate to fly off leaving a large gap of sparking wires

"Uldren! Get away from him now! You wanna kill me then so be it. But leave Cayde alone!"

Uldren: "pathetic. I cannot believe you are the same guardian who slew Oryx, the same guardian who killed Crota and even destroyed a hive worm god. You can't even protect your friends. Now sit there like a good boy whilst I end your fiends suffering"

"NO!
The Fallen captain places another hand over my mouth. I scream out as loud as I can but it's just a muffled string of sounds.

Cayde: "it's ok Y/n. I'm just glad I got to meet your family... finally."

Uldren: "if you two are done saying your goodbyes..."

Uldren: "we're done here. All forces retreat. Release him. He's no threat to us anyway."

The captain drops me from his grasp, I fall to my knees as I watch Uldren and his forces return through the portal

"Uldren."
He turns his head to look towards me

Uldren: "you'll see me again don't worry. We wont be going far."

"Don't get too attached to that pistol. I'm gunna rip it from your cold clutches soon..."

Uldren: "I look forward to you trying guardian. Until next time."

His forces vanish through the portal, the readout on the console shows the portal is open to somewhere on Remnant. I watch the remaining forces faze through as the portal shuts. I crawl over to Cayde and pick up his dead ghost and place it beside him

"Cayde? *sniff* come on just smile please, tell me this is one of your stupid tricks and you're just pretending. You can't be dead! You just can't! *sniff* I-I still need you buddy, I can't continue without you."

I look down at the lifeless body of Cayde, his head resting on my lap as my tears fall on his still, lifeless face. Guess I've made a habit of crying these days...

"This is all my fault. I should have known something like this would happen! I'm so sorry Cayde. My... my friend"

The panic doors raise up as atlas security rush in. Mother walks towards me, a battalion of soldiers begins to form a perimeter.
Winter: "son. There's nothing you could have done."

"I SHOULD HAVE DONE SOMETHING! I should have checked the portal was closed before I let my guard down, and now... n-now my best fiend is dead."

*flashback, 3 hours ago*

It'd been a week since I had met dad, he and mom had made up again and I had my family back. A secret project between myself and the guardians of the tower (of which to anyone I tell of I call it the 'traveler dimension' for obvious reasons.) had begun soon after to create a space bridge using some scavenged parts of hive and fallen tech to create the first bridge between dimensions, mine and theirs. I stood there at the front of the large portal entrance, mother stood by my side

Winter: "I do wish you'd have told me all about this sooner son."

"What was I supposed to say? 'Oh by the way I can go to another dimension, I've killed enemies when I was still trapped, and my imaginary friends help me train' not exactly gonna sound sane now is it mom?"