'Hello sweetie'- a family reunited

*Y/n's POV*
I'm knelt on the floor of moms private bullhead, mom is wrapped so tightly around me I can barely move! Dad stands beside us smiling as this mystery hunter emerges from the shadows

"You taking over from Cayde? Here to bring me back before I do something I might regret?"

she lowers her hood... I could never forget that face. It's a face that I'd die for, a smile I'd kill for... my wife.

Vernal: "well... hello sweetie."

I'm wide eyed! I'm speechless... what can you say really? I feel tear drops roll down my face as mom helps me stand up and walk over to her

"I don't understand... P-please tell me I'm not hallucinating." I place my hand on her cheek. The same soft skin I remember. "By the travellers light you're real! Im
Not going mad, you're real!"

Vernal: "of course I'm real silly. Like we wouldn't be there for you when you need us most."

"We?... WINTER! I-Is she alright?"

I place my hand on her stomach attempting to feel for our daughter.

Vernal: "the baby's fine, Ikora had some of the medics check me over when I got back to the tower, little Winter's fine. But she's missed her daddy. And I've missed my husband. Now stop talking~"
I feel her arms snake around my body and pull me closer, I wrap my arms around her too
Vernal: "~and kiss me like you missed me, hot stuff."

I smirk as I look into her eyes. I never knew I'd get another chance to see her smile, or run my fingers through her short black hair.

"As you command, my love~"
Our lips touch, the sensation is unreal, it's like fireworks exploding through my mind, the rush of emotion, the flashing lights exploding through my mind. Dear god I've missed this women! Finally we part after what seems like eternity and yet still it felt too short at the same time. My smile turns to a solemn and somber frown as I look down at my boots in shame
"I'm so sorry Vernal."

Vernal: "what are you sorry about sweetie? You kept your promise and never killed anyone. You found your parents and you faced up to your grandfather. What's there to apologise for?"

I hang my head low
"...because I gave up. I thought myself a failure because I let you die. I should have gone with you, none of this would have happened."

Vernal: "hey. Look at me." She lifts my chin up and I look back into her eyes. "You're right. None of this would have happened. You'd have never met your parents, you'd have been a bandit for the rest of your life. Look at you now, you've faced your demons and won, you're an atlas agent, an honest man."

Winter: "oh, I forgot to say... I may have handed in our... *ahem* resignation."

Qrow: *chuckle* "yeah she handed it straight to Ironwood, right across the face!"

"Well shit... meh, I never did like taking orders."

Qrow: "the world could always use more huntsman if you need the work. Our enemies are relentless."

"Hehehe, you sound like Zavala dad. Speaking of whom, I think we'll need some help. I know a couple of hundred hunters who'd gladly assist us."

Winter: "you're still going after Uldren?"

"*sigh* I have to."

Winter: "son, you don't have to prove anything to us-"

"-I'm not trying to prove anything to anyone mom. But I can't allow Uldren to go unpunished. Cayde can't be left unavenged. I owe him that much. Cayde risked his life for me, more times than I can count. He saved my life time after time... and he stopped me from making a big mistake a long time ago."

Qrow: "what mistake son?"

Vernal shakes her head and mimes 'don't ask' at him, thinking I don't see.

"I'll tell you later dad."

Vernal: "sweetie that was the past. Cayde wouldn't want you to grieve would he? No he'd want you drunk and singing karaoke to piss off the faction leaders!"

"Look I can't expect you to come with me, hell I'd feel more comfortable if you were all safely away from the fight... but I know you never could resist a good fight now could you?"

Qrow: "Cobalt, you have come so far in such a short space of time, you've brought me and your mom back together, and now... it's time this family fights for what's important."

Winter: "of course I can't have my son going off on his own again, so I'll tag along."

Vernal: "and I'll be right by your side when you take back Caydes hand cannon from that bastard."

"Well then... looks like we need to pull every asset we possibly can... hmm if only we had someone who hadn't just slapped her boss, that boss happening to be the leader of an entire milit-"

Winter: "-yes son I take your point thank you. Qrow, what are Ozpin and the others doing right now?"

Qrow: "they're busy with some other matters, waving the world kinda stuff."

Vernal: "well we could always ask Anna Bray, or maybe Osiris can lend us assistance?"

"Anna can't seem as she's busy with Rasputin. Osiris is going to be busy with the infinite forest, Ikora and Zavala would most certainly lend us aid though."

Winter: "well then son... make that call."

I close my shed and focus on the tower, the travellers light like a lasso pulling me further until I see the clear image of Ikoras workspace.

"Ikora... are you there?"

Ikora: "Y/n? By the traveller it's good to hear your voice! I've been trying to connect with you for weeks!"

"Yeah look I was trying to be a badass rouge and take down Uldren on my own but turns out we're gonna need help. Can you spare some guardians?"

Ikora: "of course. Have you heard about the new hunter by the way?"

"Oh what you mean my wife? Yeah she's stood beside me."

Ikora: "I'm glad you're finally together again."

"As am I. Now... let's hunt us down a bastard!"