Where is Uldren Sov- Raven's hiding something...

*Meanwhile, Y/n's POV*
I followed Raven into her tent, that night came flooding back to me as I saw her large bed, waking up to see her face was comforting. Who knew all this would happen?

As Raven closes the tent flap I just outright ask her what my mind has been wandering since I arrived
"So, everyone expect you seems to think I'm the worst thing since Ozpin, who by the way dad told me all about, and... well let's just say their are two sides to every coin. You may spin your lies to these morons but I know better. Why do these dumbasses, who used to think I was the greatest bandit to ever live suddenly want nothing to do with me?"

Raven: "that's just it. You USED TO be the greatest bandit alive. Now you're a loyal solider for your dear mother."

"Watch how you speak about my mom."

Raven: "you used to call me mother. So much has changed."

"Raven look... I... I don't hate you ok? A part of me still loves you like blood, which as it turns out you are. But another part of me knows you're the one who allowed my pregnant wife to sacrifice herself for your cause. The rest of the tribe would never understand."

Raven: "The tribe hate you because in their eyes you betrayed us. I on the other hand know your reasoning... and I couldn't be prouder of you."

"That's not what I expected I'll be honest. Now down to business. Where is Uldren Sov?"

Raven: "you keep saying his name yet I don't know who he is."

"Right of course you don't." Using my foot I lift up what is clearly a Fallen Vandal spear that was leaning against the tent wall, and kick it towards her which she ducks out of the way as it impales itself into the wood of the support beam
"Your buddies are carrying around shock rifles, Tesla spears and one has a captains shock sword! Besides which your gate is adorned with a servitors outer shell! I've killed many Fallen over the years and I know their weaponry! Plus the fact that I've had a friend scan the entire camp for fallen tech and what do I find? Masses of generators, mass fusion cannons and almost perfectly working fallen vehicles including heavy pikes! Now stop lying to me and tell me where he is!"

Raven: "I was unaware what they were, much less who this Uldren Sov is. However... if I tell you where to find him, you mustn't go. For your sake."

"Please I've taken out worse than him and walked away dancing! Why should I be scar-"

My sentence was cut short as Raven slapped me across the face hard, leaving a red mark on my cheek
Raven: "-I'm trying to protect you Cobalt!"
I look at her shocked. She never called me Cobalt since I was a kid. "S-sorry... that slipped out."

"Wow... you really will try anything to get your way won't you? First you use my wife as a decoy, and I don't care what she agreed to, you said it yourself that you should never have placed her in danger like that. And now you resort to opening old wounds. Only my parents can call me that. What's next? You gonna chain me up and slice me with a Schnee sword? Now I suggest you tell me where you found these weapons, and I'll be on my way."

Raven: "Haven academy... what's left of it. They've set up shop in the ruins. Y/n you don't have to go there. You know what happened there. For your sake stay away, you don't need that pain."

"Pain? I live my life as a failure. I failed to save Vernal, I failed to save my daughter, and now Cayde. I can't go on like this Raven. I can't keep going while better people than me die. I have a score to settle, and a promise to my dead wife that I intend to keep."

Raven: "well then, it seems you've made your choice."

"Lend me your semblance won't you? I could do with a hand travelling all that way."

Raven: "no."

"And why not?"

Raven: "I sent my daughter in-law to her death. And I'll be damned if I send my adopted son too. If you want to go then you go on your own."

"If that's how you feel then we're done."

Raven: "I guess we are. Goodbye Y/n."

"So long... Raven"

Raven: "please don't hate me."

"Hate you for what... oh you total bbbiiitt-" the ground beneath my feet opens as Raven uses her semblance to send me to Oum knows where!

*meanwhile, on Winter's private Bullhead*

Qrow: "So, where is it we're heading?"

Vernal: "Haven academy. There's been reports of unknown creatures prowling the ruins with strange weaponry, I'm betting that's where Uldren is, surrounded by his loyal Fallen army."

Winter: "shouldn't we be finding Y/n instead of investigating rumours?"

Vernal: "we find Uldren, and we'll have found Y/n. Y/n is resourceful, stealthy, and most importantly, conniving! He doesn't want to be found unless he needs to be. That's why he allowed himself to be seen by your drone."

Winter: "our drones are practically invisible they're so high up, how would he have seen them?"

Abyss: "probably my brother found it during a scan."

Qrow: "your brother?"

Abyss: "yeah me and him were created for these two specifically to bring them back together. If Y/n knows he could let his guard down enough to let you see him, then he must have had a backup plan in case things get out of hand, and being able to resurrect is a pretty cool trick."

Winter: "So is he trying to throw us off?"

Vernal: "I don't think so, I think he's calling for reinforcements in the shape of you and Qrow."

Before anyone could answer, Qrow felt the familiar wave of energy ripple through the air around him

Qrow: "everyone get behind me!"
He jumped in front of the girls as The red portal belonging to his sister opened up in front of him. Vernal lifted her hood over her head, instinctively knowing what the portal meant.

Winter: "Be ready for anything."

"bbbiiitttccchhh!!! GYAH!"
Y/n's form falls to the ground of the bullhead as the portal closes again.
"Gods be damned I'm gunna kill that bird brain when I see her next!"

Qrow: "Y/N!"

"Dad? Mom? What's going on?"

Winter runs up to him and wraps her arms around her son, holding him tight as she sobs into his robes.

Winter: "NEVER do that again you fool! I almost lost you for a second time!"

"You didn't lose me mom, just that Ironwood was taking forever to mobilise forces so I decided to take matters into my own hands."

Abyss: "well, that makes things easier."

"A ghost? Did the vanguard send you? I've stopped broadcasting for a reason! I am taking Uldren down and I'm not taking him prisoner like Zavala night want!"

Abyss: "woah you need to chill. Especially since I'm here with a friend of yours."

"You taking over from Cayde? Here to bring me back before I do something I might regret?"

The unfamiliar hunter lifted her head, the air was still and silent as she raised her hands and made contact with her hood. Her hands gripped the cloth adorning her head and pulled it back, revealing a face Y/n knew all too well, she smiled as the blank look of rage became a softer one of shock and happiness

Vernal: "well... hello sweetie."